Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Rebuttals

I have a headache. A big fat headache that's threatening nausea at any moment. I should have stayed home in bed, but I'm down to the wire. I have a week and a half of my job left, and I've vowed to make the most of it. That includes NOT staying in bed with a headache.

Last Saturday, Lisa woke up with a migraine, so I gave her a head and shoulder rub while she laid in bed. It's my turn. I'm going to just lie on the floor under my desk and someone needs to come give me a head rub and make the headache go away. I'll wait here.

Next week Jessica comes back and I'm supposed to stick around with her M-F. What are BOTH of us going to do here? Share a cubicle? Share a computer? Isn't that going to be awkward rubbing shoulders with the girl who's displacing me? Cammie and I are struggling. Cammie is my sidekick at work. We do the same job and we've been working really well together. Our boss has even started calling us "Brammie." When I leave, it will be Cammie and Jessica. There's a bit of a personality difference there. I'm scared to leave, and Cammie's scared to lose me. We're still friends though. We've promised.

I just caught wind of a girl in our department leaving in April? I don't know what that means with the hiring freeze, though. AND when I asked my boss about the possibility of coming back if a position opens up, he said I'd definitely be in the running. Then, he proceded to tell me a story about a temp they had a couple of years back. Her position opened up to be permanent, so they accepted applications. The temp made it to the finals picks, but they ended up hiring someone else. I'm still not sure of the reason for this little anecdote, but I didn't appreciate hearing it.

I'm grumbling. I just read some blog posts and emails about more job scares and family pets dying. What is going on?! Then I read Gina's post about why her joy is complete (which apparently is what she thought when I walked into the room at FHE and she was excited to see me.) So I'm going to follow her lead. I need some reminders right now.

Monday was kind of a rough day. I needed something good after the funk I was in. I had every intention of going to my own Family Home Evening with the new branch that I still have no attachment to. But, I drove around the parking lot, and didn't see any familiar cars. Nevermind. I couldn't go in. I drove to President Welker's house and crashed FHE with the 19th branch instead. I was late. Didn't want to cause a scene, so I walked in quietly and took a seat without looking around. But, as I walked into the doorway, Gina and Brooke were the first and only faces I saw. They were both lit up and grinning. All I could think was, "I'm home. This is where I want to be! These are my people and I love them!" I talked to Lisa later about how good it feels to have people who are actually excited to see you. These are people I love so much and it really was just like coming home. I don't know what that means for the new branch. It's still hard. But I love that these friends are still in my life.

Last night we played wallyball for two hours. Man, it rocked! Some really good friends all came and we had fun laughing and playing together. We had a good play going. The ball kept moving and the teams were pretty well-matched. Nobody was too competitive to make it uncomfortable, but most of us could hold our own and keep the action up. Good game. Also, Willie and I had a hilarious text exchange before the game that just kept going while we played. I realize I'm pretty bold via texting, but then don't know how to follow through in person! Oh well. It was fun to harrass and play around.

After wallyball, Lisa and I got ice cream and talked. I love that girl. I really really love that girl. We do stuff like that all the time. Sometimes I think that I monopolize too much of her time and that she's too busy. So, I decide to hang back, but then she calls me. I love that about us. Too much is okay. And when we're both busy, we're okay then, too. We just enjoy each other and have been really good friends for one another.

I need to get back to work. This list wasn't very extensive, but it's all I can muster through this headache right now. Now, I'm going to see if I can put my aching brain to use at entering in this transcript from Brigham Young University-Provo. Why wasn't this one posted electronically? Guess I'll check that out first.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing that you can blog so much while at work.

    Wallyball ... sigh. I remember the days of good ol' wallyball. I was on a Scroll wallyball intramural team called "The Tape Dispensers." Apparently that's what caught the attention of our captain while he was at the intramural office and they asked him what the team name should be.

    ReplyDelete