Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night from a dream that was REALLY bothersome? I did the other night. Most of my dreams are seemingly directionless and I forget them promptly. Not this one. I stayed awake rolling this one over and over wondering why I was so bothered by it. It became really obvious that this dream paralleled a specific situation in my life that has been bothering me. I've been trying to convince myself that I'm alright and that I have no reason to be upset by it, but apparently my subconscious feels otherwise.
So, is a dream a manifestation that there's really a problem and I should take stock in that and seek a solution? Or should I take control and tell my subconscious to "buck up" and get over it and stop plaguing my resting hours? Who's in control here? What would Freud say?
I'm still really bugged by the whole thing. And, I can attest that I DO dream in color.
Kimball was wearing these pants:

Good luck with all that. I say good luck telling your body to let you go to sleep because in your mind you think you're ok with whatever situation. I myself have been having a hard time sleeping the past week or so...not because of creepy weirdo dreams, but just getting and staying asleep. I'm not feeling stressed about anything...except the whole "not sleeping" portion of my life.
ReplyDeleteMeh...
Hey, Brooke. I've always thought that dreams were a way for the subconscious to work out things that happen while we're awake (supported by my freshman psych prof). I find it helps when I acknowledge that something's bothering me, whether I address it or move on. Good luck!
ReplyDeletei have been studying dreams for a while.. its interesting to know about dreams.
ReplyDeleteyou should take psychology.
Dreams are such interesting things. I have no advice in that area because I don't know alot about them. Take a sleeping pill, then you won't dream at all. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know what Freud says, but Cinderella say's that a dream is a wish your heart makes...just a thought.
ReplyDelete