Cammie thinks her son's going to become a serial killer because he refuses to open his mouth at the doctor's office. This same son is convinced that the Dr. is going to cut his throat out. (he's getting his tonsils removed.)
Cammie got the hiccups and tried to talk to me like normal, pretending nothing was going on. Are you kidding me?! I had to interrupt her in mid-sentence "are you going to be okay?" Hilarious!
Cammie's class met in the library today. When she got back, I asked, "How was the library?" Cammie: "It was fine." Brooke " ... what did you do ...?" Cammie: "ya know ... I just looked up stuff. Like porn and stuff ..."
There are a few specific students that we deal with who always have issues. We're familiar with a handful of names and we tend to groan whenever those names come up again. This morning, one of these students came to the window to talk to one of our student employees. Molli brought the student's I-card to Cammie to help with the issue. Cammie says, "This is Brooke's favorite person!" and hold the I-card out to me. I take it from her, take one look at it, and then chucked the card back onto her counter.
Sometimes I tell Cammie to "Come here" when I want her to lean forward and talk to me through the hole between our cubicles. But sometimes she misunderstands and she comes all the way around into my cubicle, only to see me with my back to her, looking for her through the hole! "Get out of my cubicle and come around!"
My phone plays the Lion King's "Mufasa" lines from the hyenas every time I get a text message. At work, I always tell it to "ssh" and Cammie starts laughing. "I heard that!"

Cammie and I can't answer our phones in unison. When we both say, "Records and Registration, this is Brooke/Cammie" together, we start laughing and forget our own names. I've answered, "This is Brammie" before. That's our nickname anyway, so I guess it works!
Hillary has a very strong personal space bubble. We were talking about it at FHE on Monday night when Willie decided to test it. He tried to step into her space and ended up following her around the kitchen as she stepped away each time. It turned into a chase! Then he tried to do it with me, and I just stood my ground. I don't mind bubble invasion!
Last night, mom and I were fighting over who got to take a bath/shower first and use up all the hot water. I called out, "First one naked wins!" And ran down the hallway ripping off my belt. My dad could not stop laughing!
Mom spilled milkshake down the front of herself last night. "I have problems!"
A few days ago, I was getting a glass out of the cupboard and putting a little too much weight on the cupboard door. I was also expressing my disgust (making gagging noises) to my mom about fried potatoes. My hand slipped from the cupboard and I got a little jolted. Mom was laughing so hard, and then she asked me if I needed a helmet! Then, last night, mom made the same gagging noise over something and I said, "Last time I made that noise, I fell out of the cupboard!" Dad could not understand what I was doing in the cupboard.
After a good, emotionally rejuvinating conversation with Kimball the other day, she said, "We're good for each other! We're like medicine with voices!"
Kimball and I have a thing for snow angels. We'd plop down at random ALL the time just to make one. While she was on her mission in Australia, I sent her a few snow angel pictures. Apparently Spokane got some snow last week, and I get this email from her:
"wait...HEY....where ARE you?!"
My response: "Ahh! Wait! Hey!!! I'm right HHHERRREEE!!"
I got to watch a few minute of Scrubs yesterday. One of those cheesy scenes came on where everyone was tapping pencils, feet, stapling papers, etc. in unison. All hospitally stuff combined created a good rhythm. The janitor was sitting in the hallway with bongos in his lap, adding to the beat. The rhythm all stops and J.D. turns to the janitor, "Why are you playing bongoes?" Janitor's matter-of-fact response: "It's Monday. Monday is bongo day."
DUH!

No comments:
Post a Comment