Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I kind of like it when things go my way.

Ya know what I love? Crazy-cool stuff. That's profound, huh? But it's true.

Here are some crazy-cool things:

Last weekend I got to go to Women's Conference at BYU in Provo. For those of you who know me very well, you'll understand a bit of the craziness that might happen when my quirky-inappropriate tendencies are multiplied. That's what happened when my mom, my grandma, three of my aunts and two of my cousins got to hang out at Women's Conference. Let me just tell you ... we had FUN! I love all of our quirks and crazinesses! In the middle of fighting with Aunt Lizette over my camera (I'm sure that she wanted to take a picture up her nostril) and feeling Sydney's hairy legs to see how her Nair cream is working, I actually got a little teary-eyed! I get to be with these wackos FOREVER! I am so grateful for eternal families! As an only child, I've developed a very strong appreciation and attachment to my extended family on both sides, and guess what? I've got some of the very best! I'm so grateful that both sets of my grandparents were sealed in the temple and they've passed those blessings on to their children. I'm so grateful that if we all honor our covenants that we will be together in the eternities! Who wouldn't want to live with these nuts forever?!

It's so awesome to me that we got to share in such an awesome event. Women's Conference is amazing. I learned so much that has changed my life already, and as I study my notes and further implement the things that were taught, I know I will only see more and more blessings in my life. I'm so glad I was able to share that with my family.

In addition to recognizing my great family, I also had another strong confirmation of the power of friendship while I was there. One thing that's always concerned me is how easily friendships come and go. I've always craved permanence. I've never had siblings to bond with, fight with, or share anything with. I've grown close to friends and have shared a lot with them, only to have each one slowly fade from my life. It's a heartache that hits a little too close to home sometimes. I have a dear friend in my life right now who is unlike any other. Through the short time we've known each other, we've been able to share, grow, support, teach and learn so much from each other. I am in awe at the blessing she has been to my life and how strong of a bond we've created in so short a time. I'm terrified of the day that will fade or end altogether.

I have started to notice more and more how Heavenly Father uses others to bless our lives. One prayer I have always prayed is that I can be a tool to help someone I love and care for. This last weekend, I was blessed with an amazing opportunity to follow the Lord's direction and to help my dear friend. I am so grateful for the connections we have in this life. I am so grateful for good people who love and laugh and cry together. I am so grateful that we're social creatures and we're intended to help each other. I am so grateful for eternal families and for the wonderful (and hysterical) family I've been blessed with. I am also so grateful for those angel friends who Heavenly Father places in our lives who become like family. I want those relationships to be just as eternal.
I've got good people. Thanks, guys, for being good people in my life!
You guys are my world.

Silvester side: Cousin Amanda, Cousin Jennifer, me, Cousin Heather, 2nd cousins Shyanne and Hunter at Heather's house for a mini-gathering. The four cousins haven't all been together in the same place in maybe 20 years? I love that we've all found each other and developed cousinly-love through blogging and facebook!


The Silvester side: Cousin Brock, Uncle Bob, Aunt Kris, 2nd cousin Shae, Cousin Amanda and me at Shae's baptism. I love how many of us came to represent! We may not be good at communication, but Silvesters are supportive!



Chapple side: Cousin Amanda and Aunt Lizette got hold of my camera in between talks at Women's Conference. What a riot!!

Chapple side: Grandma Ruby, Cousin Sydney and Aunt Lori looking all sweet and Women's Conferency.

Cousin Amanda, me and Cousin Sydney. DANG, we're cute!!


Chapple side: Back row: Cousin Sydney, me, Cousin Alex Middle Row: Cousin Whittney, Aunt KayLynn, Aunt Vicki, Grandma Ruby, Mom Brenda. Front Row: Cousin Danielle, Cousin Amanda. Buncha crazy women all pretending to be normal for the camera. I freakin' love these ladies!

The friend side: Back row: Brooke, Gina, Lisa Front Row: Kimball, me, Lisa. Ever heard of best friends FOREVER? yep. That's what these guys are. They are rockin' awesome, and I'm so grateful they're in my life!

2 comments: