Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

In addition to candy corn:

I love: finding a new song that I enjoy so much, I have to have it on repeat until I know the whole thing word for word. Here 's the latest one. I've almost got it down. I gotta go push play again.

I love: Grandma's homemade chili. Somehow, I REALLY miss it this year. I also miss eating saltine crackers with butter. That's only an acceptable combination when eating with Grandma.

I love: My family's love for BYU football.

I dislove: the inability of two computer programs to work in harmony with each other.

I dislove: my lack of eloquence when new friends make me nervous. I try to say words and all of my vocabulary goes out the window.

I love: Disneyland.

I love: that my inner-speaking voice has a bit of a stutter.

I love: Lagoon during Frightmares. There's no better way to celebrate Halloween.

I dislove: my desk drawer at work full of animal crackers, apple sauce, Trix cereal and peanut butter when I'm starving and all I want is ... Grandma's chili.

I love: little boys with long, curly hair. Someday, I need to get me one of these. And nobody better come near him with a pair of scissors.

I love: homemade suckers. Like, the kind Judy Infanger used to give me after piano lessons. I think they were all shaped like music notes.

I love: cheese that bites back on those tomato-something Triscuits. And I love Gina for giving me some.

I love: bridges. Especially the swingy kind on hikes that go over creeks or bodies of water. One of my all-time favorite bridges is at the Haunted Mill. When I worked there, I'd stall on my way to my post, just to hang out on the bridge and look down at the rushing irrigation ditch.

I dislove: breaking out. Aren't I too old for this? The worst is having to take care of a monster zit AND a gray hair on the same day. C'mon! I should be able to finish one phase before I move on to the next!

I love: spiders. Not in the "I want to play with them and have them as pets" sort of way. I just kind of love that my mom and Kylee are TERRIFIED of them, and they don't bother me.

I love: the movie Hocus Pocus. Especially the part where Mary Sanderson's broom gets stolen and she has to ride a vacuum. Hilarious! And there's always Bette Midler calling, "SISTERS!!!?"

I love: sisters.

I dislove: having to build the branch bulletin and getting the photocopies done EVERY WEEK. I'm never on time. I never have all the info I need, and I can never make it into the church building to make 70 photo copies.

I love: the show 30 Rock. And Scrubs. And Friends. And Lost. And NCIS. And The Mentalist. And I love that I hardly ever get to watch TV, so when I  DO find my way to one of these shows, it's quite the treat.

I love: being Brimball. It's so fun having a crazy friend who's JUST like me! It's been awhile since Kimball and I have spent much time together. It's medicinal, and it's going to happen tomorrow at Lagoon! Add an Alison to the mix, and we're sure to have a blast--with some bruises to show for it!

3 comments:

  1. I could comment on so many of these. But now I can't remember which. Oh - try having teenage breakouts, gray hair and a big fat belly. Just so you know, they all go together like saltines and butter, and maybe your grandma's chili.
    And you got the stutter from David - maybe he's your inner voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post? I love: this post. And you. And cheese that bites back. (Pepper jack just might be my fave!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! love! I love being Brimball too! I'm so glad we got to be!!! :) and um... he sure does have pretty curly hair, but all I gots is scissors!

    ReplyDelete