Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Niner, two, four, zero

Whenever one of us would say something TOTALLY random, Lindsay would always respond, "Niner"! I still do it. Nobody gets it, but it came from Lindsay, and it will never die. This is a very "Niner" kind of post. "Train gone" for those of you who know sign language. :D

My dislike of onions overrides my dislike of food on my hands. I actually stuck my left pinky finger into a forkful of leftover chicken pesto pasta stuff from Red Robin to dig out the dirty purple onion before I ate it. Apparently, that's a sacrifice I was willing to make.

Why does Collins find it necessary to make random cat-fight noises throughout the day?

I miss this girl.

I mean, I REALLY miss her. She is hands-down and BY FAR, the BEST listener in the entire world. We worked side-by-side for 4.5 months in the BYU-Idaho Registration office and I've never had more fun chatting with someone than I had with Cammie. We shared basically everything and always had random things to share. Since I stopped working there, I have yet to fill the void she left. Nobody talks to me anymore! Cammie and I just need to find another way to be in each others' lives more often. I'm pretty sure we were meant to be BFF. Since she's not around, I basically have no one to talk to anymore.

I've never seen Tami without her hat on. I'm convinced she's hiding a bald spot. Either that, or if she takes it off, her head might fall off.

Joelle's coming!

For those of you who don't know her, she was my literature professor/study abroad director/salsa critic/game night hostess/volleyball teammate/roommate/employer/slave driver/everything critic/hot date every-other-Saturday. Can our relationship be defined? Weird, I know. But she's SO MUCH FUN! And I haven't seen her in nearly two years! She's flying in from Washington on Friday for a shin-dig in Rexburg. She's given me the privilege of picking her up at the airport and bringing her to Rexburg. I think that gives us about an hour of Brooke-Joelle time. I can't wait!

I already blogged about how I was DREADING the weekend. It actually didn't turn out as bad as I thought. It was WEIRD ... but it wasn't all bad. What's weird is I did NORMAL PERSON things. That's just not me.

Zumba was cancelled this weekend because Tami and Amy are away at Zumba training, learning how to further KILL me. So, I woke up and went for a RUN. Yes, that's right. Fat Kid ran! (Sorry Kimball, to make you choke on your peanut butter sammich. Somebody give her the hind-lick!) And by "running" I mean that I jogged a bit and then I walked it off. Then I jogged a bit more and I REALLY had to walk that off. I tried the method of "jog to that tree and then you can walk" and it worked! I made it WAY past the tree before I remembered that I got to walk again. It was fun! And the weather was WONDERFUL! But it was weird to have that done in an hour. (Since, the past SEVERAL Saturdays have been spent on 4-7 hour bike rides or hikes or other adventures.) I at least got my "work out" in.

I've been living in the basement but showering upstairs for a few months now. We finally had a plumber come through and fix the downstairs bathroom about a month ago, but that didn't solve the whole problem. I've been DREADING the scrub-down that would need to take place before I'd set bare-feetsies inside the tub. So, after my workout, I went home and scrubbed the bathroom. I also vacuumed my room until the basement started smelling like vacuum smoke. I wasn't about to change and get pretty while I had all this work to do, so I stayed in the clothes I ran in and drove to Bed Bath and Beyond and then Target to find a shower shelfy-thing. Who knew how many people go to those stores on a Saturday and who DON'T look like sweaty-puffy-pale-death? I probably should have a little more pride. I also bought a bag of Twix which is basically ALL I ate on Saturday until dinner. Random question: Why am I not losing weight through all this hiking, biking, running, volleyball, Zumba, frisbee stuff? Just wondering.

Anyway, I moved bathrooms, FINALLY showered, made myself a sammich and ate (something other than Twix and Christmas marshmallows) for the first time at 6:00 and then went through Fall/Winter clothes while watching 3 hours of an NCIS marathon. I was PRODUCTIVE! It was good to get stuff done. But it was all weird. I also did laundry. I'd rather be playing.

But, in my productivity, I DID get to do another one of my favorite things--find new outfits to wear. Those of you who know me AT ALL (and I would assume that's ALL of you, because if you don't know me, what the H*** are you doing reading my blog?) know that I have WAY too many clothes. I actually realize that myself until I see something new and cute in the store that I HAVE to have and I think, "Yes, I have a lot, but I don't have THAT!" and the collection expands. So, this weekend, I got to dig out the fall/winter wardrobe and stand in front of the mirror while trying on clothes I haven't worn in several months, deciding if they're worth hanging back in the closet. It's like I created a whole new wardrobe again! It's a little overwhelming, though. I don't have enough closet space for all this crap, let alone enough days in the year to wear it all. And what's up with having volleyball & zumba every day of my life? Some people in my world ONLY see me in basketball shorts and t-shirts anyway? What's the point in having cute clothes if the only people who see me in them are my coworkers who don't notice me anyway because, since Cammie doesn't work next to me anymore, I've lost the ability to speak?

Also, I'm pretty sure Baby Mama has become my new favorite move. Go ahead and judge me. It's got some dirty parts. But the funny stuff TOTALLY outweighs the dirty stuff. Watch this and tell me you're not laughing.

2 comments:

  1. Brooke, I'd talk to you more if we worked anywhere near each other. I guess we could use the PR E-mail chat feature. . .but I'm not sure home much work either of us would get done if we did that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Brooke, you and your endless wardrobe! I envy that you have that many clothes. When Alan nags me about the amount of clothes I have, all I have to do is remind him about you. Then he backs off. You're my patsy. :) Mwahahaaaaaa!

    I remember the first time you and I saw Baby Mama and after our little tiff before Portland. We made up and you said "sorry I farted in your purse." I will never forget that one! :) Love ya!

    P.S. Hope you thoroughly enjoy 30 Seconds to Mars! They're freakin' awesome.

    ReplyDelete