Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tender Mercies in an ADHD life

So, I woke up this morning thinking that today just may be one of those "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day "s. I was in tears before I even left the house. As I drove to work this morning, I prayed and I mean PRAYED for tender mercies to help me get rid of the frustration and anxiety I felt. But, I ran into a problem. As I prayed out loud, I also found myself muttering the words, "I thought Veteran's Day was tomorrow..." and then "... I think my drivers' license expires soon ..." REALLY? I can't even say a PRAYER without derailing my train of thought? No wonder I frustrate myself when I can't focus. After I apologized to Heavenly Father, I gave up--just HOPING that things would get better.

Then, when I got to work, I got some encouraging texts from my cousin Kim
who's been my #1 cheerleader through all the crap I'm trying to wade through. She's amazing.

And then my phone rang. It was my awesome friend Amy who teaches my Zumba class. I was helping her with some advertising for her Zumba fundraiser* and had a BLAST chatting with her as we both fought with our fax machines to get the right information over. Have I mentioned that I love that girl? The next tender mercy came when I pulled up the picture we took on our lunch date yesterday with her sister Tami who team-teaches the Zumba class. They make me happy and our time together yesterday was AMAZING. I'm still hoping for permission from them to post that day-brightening picture!

I got an email from Kylee and a Kit Kat from Jerry.

Then, I found this.



I watched several seasons of So You Think You Can Dance with friends. I LOVED it and may have even been addicted to the show. Then, they changed show times and I lost track and I've missed the last few seasons. But, this video was from the last season I watched religiously. I just hadn't seen the Ellen show until now.

My problems aren't solved. But, the Lord knows JUST what I need to brighten my day and remind me that some things really are worth smiling about.

**The fundraiser we're working on is a Zumbathon held on Wednesday, November 17th at the Sandcreek Middle School gym from 8-9:30 pm. The cost is a minimum of $5 donation at the door to go towards educational materials for Sandcreek's teachers and students. There will be giveaways throughout the AWESOME Zumba workout--all led by my lovely Zumba Sisters-- Tami and Amy. Come and support and get your Zumba on!

2 comments:

  1. Today has been kinda crap so you know what I did? I ate two fun size butterfingers. And suddenly the day at least TASTED better. I'm not even gonna write them down against my calories for the day. No way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teehee. Just finished watching the Ellen clip. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete