Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

my family--quoted

Just over two weeks ago, our little Amanda got married. That's right. She's 10 years younger than me, and married. And I couldn't be happier for her. We got to welcome Lee into our family and we're so excited that our zoo is growing! I could do your typical: "This is what we did:..." post, or I could just slap some pictures on here with some funny things people said. Honestly, I think you'd get a much more entertaining and accurate conception of the weekend with just the pictures and the quotes.

"I don't want to hear you anymore"--Grandma when she took out her hearing aid after Sydney kept belching next to her at the game table.


"I'm looking for my almost twin."--Vicki after she discovered that she and Brenda were wearing the same outfit. This was NOT planned. Nor was it planned the first time this happened ... or the second ... third, fourth or fifth times. The seventh one might be planned, though.


After the sealing ceremony, we went to the Joseph Smith Building for a small family luncheon. There was a microphone and family members were taking turns sharing memories of Lee or Amanda and wishing them congratulations. Lee had a lot of representation because his family are better speakers than we are. Everything that had been said was very complimentary and Lee was placed on a pretty high pedestal. Then, Amanda's little sister Alex went up to the microphone and opened with: "Lee put mustard in my shampoo. He's not as nice as everyone says he is."

"I didn't hear it snow last night!"--My mom in her leopard-print pajamas, still half asleep, squinting out the window at the 4 inches of snow that appeared overnight.

"I LOVE shooting my cousins!"--me after laser tag.


"My hips don't lie."--Steven talking about doing Zumba at a ward activity.


"Where are the cookies? And where should one be?" [cupping empty hand in front of her]--Sydney, requesting a cookie.


"We have an awkward relationship." --me and Makay while trying to get our hair in each others' faces while hugging.

"Did you see my dancing shoes?"--my Dad when he bought new boots and wanted to show them to Steven.

"My daughter is SHORT!"--Kristyn, observing Tabytha with all of Hampton's friends. Taby's a month older and a foot shorter than all of them.

"Somebody make a decision!"--Kim with 5 people in the car, asking what we all wanted to do next.
"Shopping!"--Brooke
"Of COURSE you'd make THAT decision!"--Kim

"I'm so proud of you! Now do the Macarena." Makay to my dad after he asked me to dance.


I love my family. We're going through some pretty rough times at the moment. But we're strong, and underneath the ridiculousness is a LOT of love. And love is pretty darn powerful, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment