Skyler and I climbed onto the ledge at Jeff's house to hide
at Jeanna's surprise birthday party.
The hot tub was making me light-headed, so Lisa suggested this.
Anytime is a good time for a snow angel.
Here I am plummeting off of a 40-foot cliff at Havasupai.
It was faster than the extra 2 mile hike around to the bottom.
I'm pretty sure I'll do anything on a dare.
I have a few disclaimers--if it requires skill, it's gotta be one that I HAVE. I don't wanna die trying something stupid.
It doesn't always have to be a dare, either. Once I get an idea in my head, I can't back down from it. This determination does NOT reach into any responsible areas of my life.
I'll do pretty much anything, as long as someone else does it first. Well, if SHE can do it, then I DEFINITELY can. My courage can not be outdone. My stupidity can't, either.
I blame Desirae for a lot of that. All growing up, I followed her all sorts of crazy places. She once told me that she'd go anywhere and try anything, as long as I was with her. Well, I'd go anywhere and try anything as long as I was with HER. Together, we had no limitations. I think we were expecting the other one to step up. It didn't happen. That's probably why we have so many stories to tell. I'm pretty sure this is how skinny dipping was introduced into my list of hobbies.
I have no self-respect. Momma's not proud, but I'll throw all dignity aside to win a cake-eating contest with Skyler. He's started to learn that I don't back down from stupid challenges. That's why I did THIS at Kari's birthday dinner the other night. Not a big deal. Just another stupid suggestion I couldn't say no to.
Lots of comfort zones were invaded when Des and I did study abroad in Mexico back in 2004. Here's a small review of some of that craziness:
Desirae and I danced down the streets of Play del Carmen, Mexico
like drunk girls on Spring Break with roses in our teeth.
Lots of short Mexican men were pretty excited about that.
like drunk girls on Spring Break with roses in our teeth.
Lots of short Mexican men were pretty excited about that.
Wrapping a real boa around my shoulder in Belize.
My hair LOVED the humidity.
Passing around a tarantula in Guatemala. I was pretty excited that
Des was nervous about this one. NOW who's the wuss?
We slept under mosquito nets.
A few days after this, we were so desensitized to the bugs that Des and I got in a cockroach fight. One fell on me, so I chucked it on her. That REALLY started something. :) That's another thing I learned from Des: Don't start something unless you're willing to finish it! (Again, that mantra does NOT extend to responsible areas of my life.)





Hey! I've done a snow angel in my swim suit! Remember... 'Lysla and I at Greenbrier? I think you opted out that time... ;)
ReplyDelete"I do stupid things and I like it: here's proof."
ReplyDeleteOh, how I love you...