This weekend, I was reminded of SO many good things! It's amazing how little things can make such a difference my life. I'm gonna break this into at least two posts, because it deserves at least that much attention. Starting out--

I didn't have a specific plan for Saturday and everyone else seemed to be doing something else, so I threw my bike in the back of my truck and drove to Swan Valley. My parents were staying at my uncle's RV park and my aunt and uncle were there as well. I reveled in about nine and a half minutes of family time before I hopped on my bike and headed out. About 7 miles later, I met up with my parents and aunt and uncle at Swan Valley's Art in the Park. I was reminded of Portland's Saturday Market, with the only commonality being the local artisans selling stuff. The differences? Idahoan artisans and Portland artisans are ENTIRELY different breeds. In Portland, I found stuff like this:
I was in heaven. My $100 alotted spending money was gone in 45 minutes and I REALLY want to go back for more.
At the Swan Valley show, I found stuff like this:
See the difference? I love Idaho. :) My $20 stayed in my pocket and I shared one of these with mom.
Ours was red.
Did I mention I love Idaho? I'm not dogging it, I promise. I enjoyed the low-key Art in the Park ... people walking their dogs all over the grass, children running and laughing without need of constant supervision. I loved the lady with the oxygen tube up her nose telling me all about her stained glass art. I loved that I got to meet up with fun family and cruise the whole ordeal.
And I loved that I was able to bike there and then to here:

Sometimes, after visiting a cool place, I think I'd like to live there. Who knows, I may end up moving somewhere else EVENTUALLY, but it's days like this that make me realize how much I love it in Idaho. I just like to be able to VISIT other places. If I lived there, they'd lose their appeal, right? Idaho's appeal is different. It's more like home.


No comments:
Post a Comment