Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Another one bites the dust ...

Another weekend bit it.
Another friend bit it.

And my brownies are almost gone. But they at least lasted until Monday, which is more than I can say of the weekend and of Lisa.
But one of these things requires a celebration! And we celebrated!
Here's how MY version of this weekend went:

Friday after work, I rushed home to pack, and met my Relief Society sisters at our church. I forced Kylee to ride with me and Becca to our overnighter at Island Park. Kylee and I basically had Becca crying from laughter

Some of the "funnies" I remember were:

Kylee: Look! There are some buffalo!
me (refusing to look): You lie. I don't believe you.
Kylee freaks out trying to get me to believe her. "It was there! I swear! Becca, did you see it? Tell Brooke I'm RIGHT!"
The same thing happened later involving a camel.

Oh, and according to Kylee, if a horse and a llama were to ever reproduce, they'd make a giraffe. Does anyone else get that? No? Kylee, you're wrong.

The road in to the cabin was SUPER washboardy and I couldn't handle the vibrating. I'm pretty sure my truck was about to shake itself apart. Of course, Kylee was vocalizing the WHOLE time just to make her voice sound fun. She also had to call out, "Cow" for every cow we passed. Pastures were fun! "Cow. cow. cowcowcowcowcowcowcowcowcow."
And then there was the rodeo. We pass some delapidated stockyards.
Kylee: "We could have a rodeo!!"
me: "Yeah, you can ride that antelope we just passed!"
Kylee: "Whatever. I was gonna ride YOU!"
me: "You can't ride me! I'd buck you off!"
Kylee: "You can't buck THIS off!"

Oh. Man. I love rides with that girl! Poor Becca in the backseat.

The overnighter consisted of tacos, a spiritual message by Sister Schwieder, a befuddled Brother Schwieder feeling REALLY out of place being the only guy, LOTS of moths, painting toenails, peeling off crazy facemasks, dressing up as moose, putting Kylee in time out ... oh, and picking up a piece of insulation off the ground, thinking it was a french fry. I think Ky was hungry.

I didn't take a single picture. Shocked? Me too.

We slept there and then drove back SUPER early so I could be at the temple at 10:30 for some of this:

me and Ashley outside the temple after the sealing
Lisa's family waiting for them to come out of the temple
Lisa and Craig are married and it was beautiful!!

After the sealing, I made the mistake of trying to be productive at home. I have a hard time going through old stuff anyway, because I keep getting distracted by cool things, but that adventure is escalated when I'm loopy and sleep deprived. For years, I thought I only had one roller blade. Somehow, dad found the other one. I didn't even bother with socks.

Mom was worried the neighbors were going to see me.

Saturday night, Kylee rounded me and Ashley up to drive to Lisa's reception. It was all pretty much amazing. We had one TEENY little table with 13 of us branch friends and former branch presidency members. We just all like to hang out together! Too bad I didn't get a picture of the table, but I did get a few of these.


Chris, Brooke, Keri, Kylee, Lisa, me, Megan, Ashley and Gina. The girls!!

me, Kylee, Ashley and Carl hanging out by the food.


Nicole and Mark's entrance to the party!


something was funny
It was an amazing weekend and SO good to congratulate my Lisa and Craig and see them so happy together!

1 comment:

  1. I'm shocked that you got off-task. "Roller blades, you say? Two of them? I have TWO roller blades? Abandon previous task and skate around the back yard! Now!"

    ReplyDelete