Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

What's good for me


I've decided that Reese's peanut butter cups are good for me. ESPECIALLY during a certain time of the month. My roommate Gina is a genius. Period.

I don't really think celery is good for me. Mostly because it's gross.

I KNOW meatloaf isn't good for me.

I don't think sitting cross-legged is good for me because my foot always falls asleep and then I tip over when I try to stand up.

Fasting on Fast Sunday is good for me, even if it's only for the laughter that comes when Janae, Nicole and I are harmonizing with our growling stomachs.*

Bearing my testimony is SCARY. But, it's really good for me. Even though, (or "especially because"--I haven't decided which) Elder Kim B. Clark from BYU-I and President Dwight Whitaker from the Ammon Stake were on the stand behind me. Those men hold special places in my heart and having them in my branch today was a tender mercy. Tender mercies are DEFINITELY good for me.

X-country skiing is GOOD for me! My muscles like being this sore, even though they're wondering how my neck got involved. And my heart is so happy at the massive amounts of fun I had with good friends. It's also good for the soul to make the squirrels laugh at you.** Birthday cupcakes in the snow are good for EVERYONE, even if you can't get the candle to stay lit.***

Bridal showers aren't always good for you. Actually, most of the time, I hate them. BUT, there are exceptions. Like, when the bride-to-be is super embarrassed by specific presents and the branch president's wife needs an anatomy lesson to figure out the gifts in question. Those are the BEST! I bought Nicole some brown boots to wear to church on Sunday. That's an appropriate bridal shower gift, right?

Sitting on the couch with Kimball is good for me. Even though (or "especially because") we're always intertwined to the point where we don't know which legs belong to whom. Laughter and drooling is also good for me. Those two usually come hand-in-hand.

Know what else is good for me this week? Telling good friends exciting news and getting their responses back. I have good people in my world. The BEST people, actually. I told my Grandma this and she believed me. That is really good for me.

*I know fasting on Fast Sunday is good for so many other reasons. I promise, I know this.
**Squirrels really do laugh. I promise. If you were a squirrel, you'd laugh too. Just watch.
***It wasn't my birthday. It was Skyler's. So you should probably wish him a happy one.

The reason squirrels laugh at us.
from Keri: We wanted to see if you could run from one tree to the next in several feet of snow...without skis... This is Skyler's demonstration.

3 comments:

  1. Bekah would disagree with you on the meatloaf comment. She has recently decided that it is one of her FAVORITE foods.

    I agree 100 percent on the bridal shower thing. Hence me forgoing my own. And with the three bridal showers I've hosted, we've gone with a theme to try and avoid those embarrassing moments. I don't blush often nowadays, but those moments are definite exceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living with 2 Brookes is good for me.

    Receiving your stellar news was good for me (still is)!

    Going to church and hearing everybody's testimony was good for me (and so edifying!).

    Watching Skyler be a squirrel (SQUIRREL!) was good for me; I was half-hoping he'd try to scamper up a tree...

    I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to defend the picture that you posted of me, I thought that I had covered my face in time to get my hand in and ruin the picture- apparently not. I didn't get to the superbowl party, but I did buy all the stuff to make black bean and corn dip, so yes there are LOTS of left overs!
    I can't wait to go cross county skiing, it looks like you guys had tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete