Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Train gone ...

So, I really need to post more often. Especially when the last post was as freakin' whiney as it was. That doesn't need to stay at the top of the list for that long. Rant over. Move on, right? Nope. It takes time to follow up and push that post farther down the scrolly list. So, here I am typing the whiney post DOWN DOWN DOWN that scrolly list.

You're welcome.

Like I really have any organization to type out here ...

I feel like I should be posting something about the Olympics. EVERYONE is posting about the Olympics, and they're often quite clever and witty. Can I just link you to some blogs and claim affiliation? Like this one? or this one? No? Fine. Here's what I have to say, then.
1) I keep myself WAY too busy to watch much of ANYTHING. I make time for NCIS. I have my priorities.
2) I've seen a grand total of 30 minutes of the Olympics. BUT, I have STELLAR timing. In my blog surfing, I've seen posts about particularly interesting goings-on. Guess what? I saw that! And I saw that, too! 
So, Shaun White, I can attest to his stellar flippy tricks. Holy crap, who does that? I'm not going to be trying that anytime soon. At least, not on purpose.
Koreans take-down. Those speed skaters don't look like they're moving AT ALL. The glide is effortless. They're just floating along on a cloud of cotton ... until in a frenzy for the finish, positions 2,3 and 4 slide together in a Korean heap of spandex into the padded wall. SUCK a duck! You can't even blame some other dirty country for tripping you up. These guys went out together.
And what's with the girly-man-feathered-wanna-be-Russian-claiming-to-be-American-Marilyn-Manson-look-alike-with-every-bad-haircut-at-the-same-time-on skates? Yeah. What's his name. He's graceful. That's what he is. It's crazy skill, I tell you. Disturbing style and crazy skill. I liked the other guy. Evan something? I didn't see him skate, though. I just really liked his face.

Enough about the Olympics. Mostly because that's all I've seen, so I have nothing more to say. Oh, except that Willie taught me what that shadowy gray line means that chases the speed skaters around (or usually leads them along). That's the record line! So those two skaters BEAT the record! Technically terms, I know. But you learn something new ... sometimes.

Today at work I pulled up my roommate, Gina's blog. She had interesting things to say about the Olympics that took me at least 45 minutes to read. Work kept interrupting. But guess what ALSO happened during those 45 minutes? Some obnoxious song about rocks and trees took over the world. Gina, I WILL get you back for that song.

Desirae is HOME!!! It probably should be more of a highlight in this post, but remember the RANDOM? Today in particular, really. Oh yeah, but DESIRAE is home! For those of you who have NO IDEA what I'm talking about, Desirae Rowberry was my best friend while growing up in cute little Cloverdale. She's been on her mission in Knoxville, Tennessee. She just got home Monday. I got to hang out at the airport with her and her family and THEN go to their house for dinner! It's been fun having Des around. We went x-country skiing with friends on Saturday and she's covering for our broken Skyler at our volleyball games tonight.

I also want to talk briefly about why I like games. Some of you who have played games with me may wonder this because I ALWAYS LOSE! But it doesn't matter! I like them anyway! I've grown up playing games with my family. My favorite part? Sitting at the table at Grandma's house, throwing elbows in cousin Sydney's face, stealing Aunt Vicki's chocolate, calling Uncle Curtis a "fart" and laughing. Lots and lots of laughing. I'm not in it for the game. It's all about camaraderie. Yes. Big word. I just LOVE laughing with people I love! So, when we had game nights at Joelle's house, my favorite parts were messing up the orientation of Sarah's cards, and trying to give Joelle 5 card handicaps when she wasn't looking. They'd laugh because I could never focus, and things were just FUN! Saturday night we had a game night. Kylee HATES games. She's competitive and doesn't like to lose. There you go. I'm not competitive and I like to LAUGH! So, Saturday worked for me because --oh boy-- did we laugh! Things that came of this week's game night: Does anyone know what the phrase "Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant!" means? Everyone at the table is perplexed. Also, a lion/fighter bee combination isn't as hard to illustrate as you'd think. Aaron's question of the night: "So ... he pollinates?" And Kylee learned not to call out the word "RAGE!" whenever she missed a card. Poor Paige kept responding.

It's going to be a good week. I have lots to smile about. Hence, the random, scattered, missed-the-train post. I had to compensate for the whiney crap of last week ... but I have limited concentration skills, and limited time. Big things are happening this week and I couldn't be more happy about it! Ta Da!!

4 comments:

  1. first of all, i only take PARTIAL responsibility for the obnoxious song of canada. (really, the first part of the song is the best; so witty and comical!) i take credit for putting it on there on "auto start." that's where my responsibility ends. it's NOT my fault that you kept getting interrupted. and it's NOT my fault that you didn't turn off your speakers or push pause. (pause is an option, brooker) you wanna get me back? BRING IT!

    anyways, i like you. and your post.

    here's to a terrific week, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big things are happening this week, so if everyday life would stop getting in the way I would happily just deal with the big (fun) things! I saw you tonight, but I couldn't get your attention and I didn't want to be at the gym forever, so I didn't watch you for too long.
    p.s. my legs were fine running, but when I stretched after wards, wow! needless to say, I'm still feeling it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey bruddah!i really like the picture at the top of your page. it makes me happy on the inside and the outside.
    Have a super-duper life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to meet Desirae and hope you guys had fun last night at volleyball. That was so fun and you all are awesome to play with. Looking forward to meeting Dez and knowing who all the fun stories are about - stories of hiking upstream in melted snow waters, riding bikes and playing with the neighborhood kids in Cloverdale, sharing mission stories and many more.

    Thanks for posting the Olympic videos, I hadn't seen one of them and loved it!

    Hope you have a terrific week...

    ReplyDelete