Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Not a Political post!

Don't expect to see any political tyrades from this girl. I have nothing to say. I'm staying out of that whole mess. That's not what I'm talking about.

You want to know what I AM talking about?

I'm talking about AWESOME CES firesides with hilarious Presiding Bishops who are so inspired and amazing! I'm talking about wonderful new friends who see the new kid sitting by herself and come to sit next to her and then end up talking and laughing and bonding for the next 3-4 hours! I'm talking about perma-grin smiles when things are so good and people are so good, and even the bad experiences bring you whole new insights and you just can't help but smile, even as you're sitting in the dark (because somehow, it got dark while I've been at my computer) typing this blog! I'm talking about BYU TV and Jack Rushton, a quadriplegic on a respirator who says: "I want to be the best quadriplegic on a respirator in the world! I don’t know what it is in each of us that makes us want to do the best we can, regardless of our circumstances. It's a precious gift from our Heavenly Father." Man, if he's going to be the best quadriplegic on a respirator, then I can be the best 26-year-old who's unemployed and living with her parents!

I'm talking about double-duty Family Home Evening dinners at two separate bishop's houses with new acquaintances and old friends. I'm talking about more hugs and love and smiles in one night than I've had in the past month; things I've needed SO MUCH!

I'm talking about crazy friends and drama that puts you both on the front porch, crying in the rain at midnight, but through it all, you reach a breakthrough that was exactly what you both needed.

I'm talking about productivity and oil changes and tire alignment and making sure my Captain is in good working order to drive 1500 miles this week! I'm talking about running into old crushes that you'd given yourself thousands of reasons not to like, but in talking to him, all those reasons disappear and you're left smiling like an idiot again because he's just so dang fun to talk to! (Please don't ever find my blog!)

I'm talking about trips to Portland and a chance to hit the road and have some adventure! I'm talking about dancing with the hippies and finding flea markets and jumping in waterfalls and climbing rocks on the beach and laying it all out with a good friend who deserves a break and deserves to play and be happy and who deserves to talk and be heard and understood!

I'm talking about crazy text messages from 16-year-old cousins, just to call me a weirdo! And I'm talking about having to explain the phrase, "I love your guts" to a deaf sixteen-year-old who takes everything very literally!

I'm talking about super-duper-ultra-mega-huge run-on sentences.

I'm talking about being "so friggin rockin awesome!"

That's what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about politics.

Debra, me and Coralyn: Old roommates at Bishop Smith's house for Family Home Evening. Coralyn came from Oregon to visit before leaving on her mission to California! There's lots of loving here, and it makes me so happy!!

2 comments: