Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Freakin' Lovely!



I'm home!! And I just had the time of my life! I could not have asked for a better experience in Portland! Even getting lost and frustrated and running 10 blocks to the concert just added to the whole experience! I wouldn't have changed a thing! Although, I would have liked to have found a flea market to top off the whole Oregon experience, but that will just have to happen next time.

First of all, I'm so glad we drove! While we spent a LOT of time in the car, and the last couple hours were rough because we were both SO TIRED, our time in the car was probably my favorite part! I love talking and bonding and sharing with my friends. Shinae and I have really needed that. I love discussing scriptures and experiences and trials and testimonies and just being able to support and learn from each other.

We drove and chatted all day on Wednesday. We stopped in Boise to have lunch with Shinae's brother and then we just kept driving! When we pulled into my aunt & uncle's house in Portland at 11:30 at night, I still wasn't sick of being in the car! It was just an awesome trip! I slept my cousin, Jamison's old room with his basketball flags, sports trophies and drums. Shinae slept in Gentry's bright orange room. I love having family who are so open and willing to accomodate! We got barked at a lot, but Joey and B.J. just have a lot to say!

Thursday, we drove to La Center, Washington where Shinae and Alan lived when they were first married. Everything was so wet and green! In Washington Park, Shinae took a look around and said, "This is freakin' lovely!" I can't think of a better way to describe it! We also shopped in downtown Portland on Thursday. I'm too good at spending money. It's one of my many talents. But we found fun stuff and had a lot of fun! The dogs ate the chocolates I got for my mom and ended up bouncing off the walls all night! We had to learn to keep our doors closed because those dogs get into anything! I didn't learn, though. The next day, I still found the garbage can tipped over and stuff spread all over the room!


We made a lot of U-turns trying to get to Joe's Crab Shack and other places in the city, but I made Shinae drive because I probably would have killed us! I'm really good at getting lost, but I love it!
We had quite the adventure getting to the concert on Thursday night! Google doesn't know what the crack he's talking about. We asked people for directions, called my aunt, and eventually ended up leaving Captain in a parking garage and ran 10 blocks to the concert hall! But that just added to the adventure! The Alanis concert was amazing!! I'd brushed up on my Alanis songs for the last couple months and she played some favorites and some I'd never heard of! This woman is CRAZY but HILARIOUS! She spun in endless circles on the stage and danced around like a goober! That's seriously so awesome to me. She's not one of those pop artists who tries to choreograph to her own songs. She's just free and natural and fun!

After the concert, we just chilled in Gentry's bedroom, played online, talked and gave shoulder massages. It's weird how much I miss those times with roommates. That time in my life was so valuable and real, and I didn't realize how much I loved that bonding time until lately when I've been craving it so badly!

It drizzled the whole time we were there and my hair got crazy frizzy and curly! I have always been drawn to bodies of water. It's just a natural part of me to want to splash and play and swim! I had to keep myself out of the rivers and waterfalls, but when we got to Cannon Beach on Friday, I couldn't resist! My shoes were off, and I was out there in the FREEZING cold ocean! But can you seriously spend time on the beach and not want to PLAY? I don't understand how people do it. Maybe I'm just immature and silly, but that's me and I like it!

I love no-filter friends. Shinae and I have come to the point where we don't filter what we say. We talk about body functions, and song lyrics, and addictions without reservation.

Quotes from the trip:

"This is freakin' lovely!"

"I guess I have to buy that, too! You're good at this!"

"Is this place good for skinny dipping/chunky dunking?"

"Roll the window down!"

"Link up!"

"That's a b**!"

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun! I am so glad that the trip went well, y'all are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this "addictions without reservation" thing that you're talking about? That's the only one I didn't get.

    BTW, by leaving this comment, I am sending you flair! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the "without reservation" applied to "talking" not addictions. ;^)
    Thanks for the flair!

    ReplyDelete