Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Witless

Why are little things so hard to do? I think, for me, it's because I see them as "little things." That makes them unimportant. But it's the whole bunches of little things that make all the difference! There is so much that I need to work on ... that I WANT to work on. I want to see big improvements! But I forget that these simple, little things are what make all the difference. I don't need to be overwhelmed by huge, life-altering steps. I need to realize that I have full control over my life. And these small and simple things are going to make all the difference!

I remember today that I really dislike collared, button-up shirts. I know I dressed myself, so I take full responsibility. I even bought this shirt--paid for it with my own hard-earned money. Just know that it's going into the "get rid of" pile as soon as I get home. It's too formal. It doesn't have enough "Brooker" personality. It doesn't stay in position and there are awkward gaps in the buttons. I know that sounds like a fat joke, but it's more than that! I just don't like this style of shirt.

I've officially forsaken socks for the season. It wasn't a conscious decision. It just happens every year! My feet get cold, but there's no reason for socks if I can walk on dry ground. Besides, most of my socks have snowmen and snowflakes on them. I really don't want to curse away spring by wearing them. I can't find my "summer socks." Yes, I have them. I have too many of everything. My 450 pairs of flip flops are calling me, but I still think it's too early for that. I DO live in Idaho.

Taxes kick my trash. I've never liked them. I don't even fully grasp the concept. It's all so complicated! But this year was the worst. This year, for the first time EVER, I've had to PAY! How did I get somewhat significant (for me) refunds through college, but now I've come to this? I certainly am not making much more!

Volleyball's off to a much better start. After our first game, I was TERRIFIED. We got creamed! And I realized I was in way over my head. I thought I had no business playing in this league. See, I'm not great at the sport. I LOVE it, but my skills are definitely lacking. My team, however is AWESOME! And they're good sports and let me play with them. They even encourage me and are excited with me when I play well. The first game was against a really really good team. I was afraid that it was going to set the standard for a super rough season. But then? The next week we WON! (I'm not going to give credit to the fact that the other team only had 4 players. That couldn't have been it. We played really well!) And then last night ... we didn't exactly win. But, our loss was by fewer than 5 points both games! I feel good about it. I feel really good about it! I don't feel great about this shoulder problem I seem to be having, but I'm excited for a better-than-expected season of volleyball.

I'm having a lot of fun with this 30 Day Song Challenge I'm doing on facebook. It asks you to post a different song every day (from YouTube). It's fun to think of a song from my personal library that fits the criteria. I'm going to miss it when it's over. I might just have to start over, because I have several more to share!

Thus ends the lamest blog post ever. Have I mentioned that I'm exhausted? I think cleverness requires more than I can muster right now.
I'll get back to you when I've found my wit.

2 comments:

  1. I was worried after the first match as well. But it's all good. We held our own last night ... after we worked out a few bugs at the start of the first game. Someday Seth will actually get to see me play ... when I find a baby-sitter to watch the wee ones so they're not home alone.

    I don't get taxes either. That's why my job is to read things off to Seth while he does our taxes.

    That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is your lamest post ever, I think you're doing better than you think you're doing. Just so you know.

    Also. ALSO! I'm so uberly excited for our date tonight! (I just texted that to you as well. Just now I did.)

    ReplyDelete