Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

tidbits of Christmas

Christmas is almost here! And I'm typing in Courier! Flashback to high school yearbook. Whoah! Thank you, Blogspot for this blast from the past. 
Anyway ... where was I? Oh yeah. Christmas! It's practically here!
I just want to share some fun Christmasy things that have brought me joy this year:


--making a snow angel while getting licked in the face by Targhee
--Christmas card pictures on my fridge (I'm up to eight, now!)
--the neighbor's inflatable snow globe collapsing in their front yard
--my singing Hermey doll (the dentist from Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer) who sings, "Why don't I fit in?"
--a crocheted green hat with a black flower that doesn't make my head all itchy
--My coworker David's Christmas sweater and having to ask him to turn off the flashing lights so I could take him seriously
--learning how to to wink and then getting excited when i do it right
--crawling in a skirt through the back hatch of my Blazer because all my doors are frozen shut
--wrapping a basketball for Willie's nephew, using the bow off of my own gift
--"Hey, Luc! Nice ... uhh ... sweater."
--hiding Kari's brownies from my mom
--helping Tami and Amy dip chocolates
--"These ones are really good! Unless you don't like cherries ... or chocolate ... or Christmas!"--Tami
--Watching A Muppet Christmas Carol--twice! And waiting awhile to push "play" so Kermit gets frustrated.
--cinnamon hot chocolate
--Driving with Kylee on the ice without turning headlights on, trying to find houses in the dark.
--Remembering the Savior and His birth, His life, sacrifice and example for all of us.

"this joyful season brings to all of us a measure of happiness that corresponds to the degree to which we have turned our minds, feelings, and actions to the Savior, whose birth we celebrate."--President Thomas S. Monson

and now, I'd like to leave you all with this:
I've been quoting it all morning, and I haven't even watched it this year. Guess that means I really really really love it! Hope you do, too!
Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. I always wait a while to push "play", too. Kermit rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making Kermit wait makes the movie even BETTER, and I didn't know that was possible until this year!

    ReplyDelete