Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I finally figured it out.

Josh Groban is exactly like Celine Dion. EXACTLY.

See the similarity?


Gina, you're going to consider not being my friend for just a moment after this post, but I'm convinced our relationship isn't that fragile and I know we can survive. For others of you who just LOVE Josh Groban , I'm happy for you. I just really, really don't.

Now, I will be the first to admit--these two have pipes! And lungs! And all the other anatomically necessary parts to display their talent. Yes, they have talent! I'm not denying that. Just ... not talent that appeals to me.

When I was in middle school, I remember singing along to "It's All Coming Back to Me Now." I was still developing taste back then. I was young and ignorant. It didn't last too long. I discovered my dislike of Celine Dion right around the time the Titanic sank. There's no coming back from that.

Obviously, my dislike of Josh came later. Precisely, it came right about the time I saw a video tribute after President Hinckley's passing to the song, "You Raise Me Up."  I'm sure the song's message is somewhat fitting--it just REALLY didn't work for me. But, after awhile, I'd forgotten all about it. Josh didn't really play a significant role in my life. Then, Gina burned me a CD. I have to give Gina LOTS of good-taste credit. She's introduced me to Royal Bliss, 30 Rock, knitted hats with flowers on them,  and chips with nasty cheese--all EXCELLENT things that have greatly enhanced my life. But then Josh started blasting through the speakers and I was forced to turn it all off.

Both Josh and Celine sing spiritual, moving, touching songs. Good for them. They're great people with great values and excellent messages, I'm sure. (most of this is based on assumption because I can't stand to listen to more than 15 seconds of what they have to say.)

Now, there are places for these two. I can listen to Celine ONLY when driving to Montana with Lara and Sarah, singing at the top of our lungs.

Josh does NOT belong at Zumba, Amy. Sorry. He just doesn't. Get him outta there.

But, I can hear Josh at Christmastime. That being said, I kind of like this one:


Ooh! And did anyone even know this existed? I honestly had no idea they'd even met each other until this very moment!



I take it all back. This made me love them both. Merry Christmas. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not anti-Celine, but I'm not pro-Celine. But I AM pro-Josh. So watch your step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh Groban's O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song. EVER. His Little Drummer Boy (played loudly) is also a favorite.

    I was a bit upset when you campared Josh to Celine, because there is no play for Celine in my life. She's super talented, but I can't listen to her music. Like, ever. UNLESS...she's siinging with the glorious Mr. Groban. I love him...

    Glad you found a place in your heart for him at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete