Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Like to Buy Christmas Presents for Myself and Other Things I've Enjoyed Doing Lately:

So, I'm sick. And you know what that means? I'm really really really grumpy about it.
I pride myself in NEVER getting sick. (And by "never," I mean like ... once a year and it only lasts for a day or so. Freak-Texas-Roadhouse-inflicted-month-long-digestive-issues don't count.) I should have humbled myself and got a flu shot. Don't tell Dave, but it woulda been worth it. This sick stuff sucks.
It all started with Sydney. I blame her because she claims to have been sick before Thanksgiving started. My family REALLY likes to steal each others' food. We're germ swappers. Plain and simple. And now we're paying for it. I'm not even really THAT sick, but I'm kind of a drama queen, so ANY level of sick is intolerable.

So, now that I've rambled about the whiney part of my existence, I need to be reminded of good things. Good things like this:
That's Amy on the left and Tami on the right. They're my Zumba instructors and I LOVE them! We have so much fun in class and I always get to stay afterwards to chat and play. This was our first outside-of-Zumba date. I was afraid I wouldn't recognize them without their hats and ponytails! These sisters are EXACTLY what I wish I had more of in my life. I'm totally jealous of their closeness and involvement in each others' lives. But, I'm also pretty grateful they've given me a small part in that. I love these ladies! And ... technically, I'm not supposed to be posting this picture. I held out as long as I could, really. But something this good just HAS to be documented. It's not like I'm making it into a poster or something! (But don't you think this would look good on my wall? Hmm.)

I also want to celebrate my tall boots and skinny jeans. I know, I'm a bit behind the times, but it was a huge stretch for me. I went out of my comfort zone with this one, and I'm glad I did. A week later, Gina followed with the EXACT same pair of jeans. I showed up to Thanksgiving dinner thinking I was SO fashion-forward to see that ALL of my cousins were wearing them, too. I'm just a bit slow. But I like.
Cousins in boots.
Me, Alex, Manda, Syd and Whitt at Grandma's house before Thanksgiving dinner

And then, I love my Shmarah. And I also love that she's pregnant and resembles a potato. She's already the shortest adult I know. Put a baby inside her and she's just ... awesome. I kind of couldn't stop laughing when I first saw her. Is that how we make friends? Good thing this friendship's already made. Shmarah and I were roommates for years and years and years in two different states. And I've MISSED her! So, I stole my dad's truck and drove on all sorts of scary Utah freeways to find her. I only got lost ... twice. One time, I didn't even know I was lost until Sarah called to tell me to stop following them. I'd missed my turnoff. Dangit! There are always MANY reasons to laugh with this girl. I'm glad I got to do it again. It'd been too long.

And then, when I came home from Utah, I got to look forward to THIS. Oh. Man. So, I'm already Playmill Theatre's biggest fan. I spent some quality time in the theatre department at BYU-Idaho, and I get kind of giggly when many of the actors as well as the director all know my name. This euphoria was amplified by the return of Sarah Jackson who I may or may not have a bit of a girl-crush on. (Sarah's to the left of middle, and if you've heard her sing and been the recipient of her heart-melting smile and sincere friendship, you'd have a bit of crush on her, too.)
White Christmas in I.F. | Idaho Falls Magazine

Sarah, What's-her-name, and Jon Peter Lewis during the pre-show

Ky and me
Kylee and I went together to the show. Highlights: when Kylee hit on the old man sitting next to her right in front of his wife. When Warren made somewhat of an obscene gesture trying to say hi to us when we interrupted his concentration. When Sarah walked out on stage and I got really excited and yelled, "It's SARAH!!" When Roger kissed a goat. When Heidi jumped on the bed. When Sarah hit ALL the high and low and everything in-between notes. When Dave and that other guy danced with feather fans and sang, "He wore a dress..." "No, I didn't!" "And I stayed home." When Christian almost dropped the goat. When Jon Peter Lewis looked like an old man. When Brother Dearden recognized me. When Warren danced with his one finger. When Sarah recognized me after the show, remembered my name and gave me a big hug. :) When Warren gave me a hug and then did a little dance and knocked the sign down. When I ignored the cross-walk to shake Cameron's hand. When Kylee was afraid to go outside in the dark with me as her escort. It was a GOOD night! Even thought I went through about 27 Kleenexes with this dang cold!
Oh, and I decorated my room for Christmas. :)

1 comment:

  1. I miss you!

    Sorry you're I'll; I'm too prideful for the flu shot too. I figure I'm better off without it, since all 3 times I've gotten the shot, I've also gotten influenza. Choose your battles, right?

    Dang. I need to do some major Christmas shopping as soon as I get back to the mainland! Ugh...

    ReplyDelete