Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Where I went wrong:

So, I'm tracing my steps to figure out the monumental life occurrences that brought me to where I am today ... the good and the bad. I've figured out quite a few areas where I went wrong:

getting a blue ribbon at the third grade invention convention
pretending to be Uncle Scott
defending Reese
blaming Reese
helping Krystal pass notes to Jared
calling Heidi out
letting Kirstin read my letter to Desirae
going with the pink and green background
not getting up for roommate prayer
building a group therapy corner
doing somersaults in Joelle's backyard
auditioning for and playing the part of "Martha"
using the metal spoon
learning the sign for "overwhelmed"
having David A's picture on our entertainment center
choosing the wrong "phone a friend"
catching Shayla wearing my shirt
taking two people to Indiana Jones
not doing a change of address
having that one birthday
never returning Andrew's calls
returning that skirt
accepting a free Beanie Baby
meeting Kim in the emergency room at midnight
giving Like Water for Chocolate as a gift
locking the babysitter out of my aunt's bedroom
watching Titanic
mixing friends with coworkers
dropping the orange juice
googling Mabel
not asking about the tears on the airplane
wanting to use the cool spoon
arranging rocks on Marisa's sidewalk
bringing Abby with me
discovering Anchor Blue in Albuquerque and Old Navy in Anaheim


It's crazy to see how TINY little actions can totally shape your life. I've also found a few places
where I went right:

volunteering in the nursery during choir practice
running away from home for a day when I was 15
giving Lisa sass after Relief Society
going to inner tube water polo games
racing Kirstin
gluing my necklace to my neck
dressing up a zucchini
borrowing Celeste's library card
ordering flowers during conference
being a lemming or a lemur
starting up PR #2 volleyball
going to G.O. Speech Therapy softball games
answering the phone when Des called for Coach Albiston
visiting Lewis Chandler on Fathers' Day
finding Amy on facebook
laying on Kylee's "man pillow"
writing a script when I called Mrs. Poston
never using Crofoot's first name
having that cheesy blue patched quilt on my bed
snorkeling in my bedroom
yelling for "MOM!" when I blacked out
hitting Beth with a loaf of bread
being a mountain goat
last-minute ditching work to pretend to be Nathanael in Montana
shoveling Joelle's driveway
jumping on a trampoline overlooking the valley
following the creek instead of the trail
throwing a cockroach
throwing a temper tantrum
watching Sound of Music
saying "Hallo" to Heidi
taking twins to the Art Festival
picking Dane up from a party
signing up for study abroad before mentioning it to my parents
snowboarding with a broken ankle
losing my filter
confiding in Kimmy
getting an ear infection at the ward campout
riding my bike to Xappa Juice
putting salt in the Kool Aide


3 comments:

  1. "You're such a lemur!"

    I like you at the softball games.

    I'm a bit grossed out at the "throwing a cockroach" bit. Tell me about that one sometime!

    Actually, I want to hear more about most of these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming I know the aforementioned Jared and Krystal. I had totally forgotten about their "thing" until you mentioned it. Teeheehee ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did you try to be my dad? and cute, the twins were part of a good thing, how odd is that?

    ReplyDelete