Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This post is NOT about Havasupai, as it should be

Did you know that the Ammon Walmart doesn't carry Nexcare Tattoo bandages? I just found this out. I'm down to two Lightning McQueens and one Mater and another of the blue girl-car whose name alludes me. Then I'm out.

I'm trying to heal from Havasupai and I'm gonna need more of those. Dang smooshed toe hurts. So, I just finished the last of my laundry from Havasupai. The orange dirt is out of my socks and shorts. My sandals and flip flops are sitting on the back lawn waiting to be hosed off and my backpack has been wiped down and sits in the back seat of my truck to bring back to dad. It's over and I survived. The trip itself merits its own blog post, which will come soon.

Right now, I'm just here and posting about that. My ankles are as thick as my neck and they jiggle when I walk. Mom said she couldn't pay attention to me talking because my cankles were staring at her. Thanks, mom.

I went to Walmart today and finally bought more Ibuprofen so I could stop rationing it. That's a relief because this girl eats that stuff like candy. I just gotta be sure there's food in my stomach before I take it so I don't have to run out of the shower, dripping shampoo, for a granola bar ... again. It's been known to happen.

Remember this blog post?

Well, this was me coming home from Walmart today.
My goal has been met. I am 99% converted to reusable bags on my shopping trips. The 1% happens when I leave the bag in the car. Even then, I sometimes end up buying a new one at the checkout line. So, I've got a collection now. Someday soon, I'll line them all up for you. I know, you're excited. What I don't want to tell you, but I'm going to is that the only two things in the gray bag were a carton of strawberries and a box of Ding Dongs. Strawberries are a summer thing. This week, Ding Dongs were just a Tuesday thing.

Volleyball has come to a close. The season ended well. We lost a player a few weeks ago (she just decided to stop coming) and miraculously, the drama ceased and our playing got a bit better! I'm sad that it's over, but I'm glad to be done with all of that. Softball is going full blast and so far, our team is 7-0. It's mostly because the team totally rocks, but I'm going to take a little credit for the fans.*
We rock, too. And it's a pretty awesome way to spend my Monday and Wednesday nights. And, I think I have a bit of a girl crush on our new friend, Amy who plays on the team. But it's cool because she's a sweetheart and I think she'll let me be her friend.

There's no time to recoop before our next big adventure. (who wants to recoop, anyway?) On Friday, we're headed to Island Park for dinner and a movie at Mack's Inn, then a sleepover at Jeanna's cabin. We're bringing bikes and canoes for fun on Saturday. My food assignment? A gallon of milk. Jeanna knows better than to ask too much of me. Milk, I can handle.
*Note: Skyler and Wade are usually playing, not watching. But, Skyler was broken by a flip off a 35-foot cliff at Havasupai (to be spoken of at a later post) and Wade hurt his foot. He's not sure how, but it's guaranteed to not be as cool of a story as Skyler's.

1 comment:

  1. Sally is the blue girl-car in Cars. Just so you know.

    So I went to look at what pictures you took at the game last night...and found nothing. Huh. I'm not angry or anything, just surprised, 'cause you usually take lots of 'em. At least I got one of you! :) We love our fans!

    ReplyDelete