Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Just four more days

In just four more days, I'll be on my way HERE:

I am so super freaking excited, I just can't contain myself. 

Actually, I can. I can contain myself because I'm sort of on overload in trying to make it all work. I did this trip last summer and it was AWESOME. So, when nobody seemed to be planning a Havasupai trip for 2010, I stepped up. We now have 19 people going, and i have rides and mules and packing weights to coordinate. AND I still need to buy some tortillas and trail mix. Oh, and travel shampoo.

Our mule is reserved. He's going to do the heavy packing, so maybe my hinges will survive the trip this year. Last year, I was pretty sure I'd never walk again. Do I have my walking poles somewhere? I need to check on those.

Somehow, I got roped into speaking in sacrament meeting this week. Like I have the time or the energy to put into that! 

I'm excited for the trip, but I'd be lying if I wasn't a little heartbroken that Kylee isn't coming. She makes everything fun! And after my birthday in Palisades where we steamrolled, poked, disrupted and "whispered" all weekend, I really want her with me all over again! Why are summer adventures so hard to coordinate? and why can't we all just come along and be friends? "Sorry that was so loud. I haven't used my voice in awhile."--I want more of those laughs!

I need to work on my Ultimate frisbee skills. On Tuesday, after Willie literally helped me off of my bike, (he was sure I was stuck) I surprised myself with my ability to run up and down the field without dying. I even caught a few tosses, and then tossed a few for others to catch. (my tosses weren't very accurate, but Jeff can basically catch anything ... so it worked most of the time.) I am sold. I'm going to be an ultimate-frisbee-er every Tuesday night at McCowin park. I just gotta learn to toss better so Jeff doesn't want to eat me.

Havasupai to do list: 1--Convince Jami to drive. We're too squished with 19 people and 19 packs in 3 vehicles. 2--find some trees to set up and test my new hammock 3--solve my potentially in-grown toenail problem. That's gonna hurt while hiking. 4--buy tortillas, shampoo, trail mix. 5--get my camera battery and case in the mail. (i have no control over that one) 6--gather 4 packs, pack heavy stuff in them and make sure their combined weight doesn't exceed 130 pounds. 7--oh yeah. And prepare and give a talk in sacrament meeting. Oy.

2 comments:

  1. I love Ultimate Frisbee! I used to play it my freshman year, and now that I think about it, I'm sad I didn't keep it up. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think that maybe I could plan on coming with you next year? I would absolutely love it! Seriously. Ummm, yah, seriously. It's a beautiful and breathtaking place. Hope you have a great time. :) Love ya sister.

    ReplyDelete