Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

snowboarding



Today, I blew off work and went to Kelly Canyon. Alone. Snowboarding alone lends for a LOT of free-thinking time. Here are some thoughts I thunk while I played today:

Defying gravity-- if I don't turn fast enough, sometimes I end up going back UP the mountain. On another note, if I try to turn while going too fast, I can also defy gravity. Momentarily. Until I land.

Leona Lewis isn't risk-inspiring snowboarding music. Funnily, Sarah McLaughlin is. Who knew?

Lots of people wear matching pants and coats (like the same plaid pattern on top and bottom). Should I be looking for pot pants to go with my pot coat? Could I be one big head-to-toe pot plant? SHOULD I be?
I found someone with a cooler coat than mine. Mexican blanket. Except then I saw another guy with the same coat. Not so cool when it's duplicated. Dang Tara has my same pot coat. Its value is automatically depreciated. Except, Tara's pretty cool, so the value went back up a bit.
The chair lift caught my left calf TWICE in the same spot. I'll never be able to stretch that muscle out again.

I shouldn't be driving my Blazer after carving all over the mountain on my snowboard. I get to thinking I can carve the roads like I can the powder. Doesn't quite have the same effect.

Lots of thoughts are centered around music when you download a bunch of songs you're unfamiliar with. "Heel side ... toe side ... don't catch an edge ... avoid that skiier ... what the crap is this song? ... crap. Another skiier. Ouch. Dang song."

Oh, and concerning music (document this because this may be the ONLY good thing I ever have to say about Twilight) ... the soundtrack for New Moon has some good crap on it! I downloaded it because I like some of the artists, and if I don't look at my player when the music comes on, I actually like it! (if I look at my player and see that it's from Twilight, I get an icky taste in my mouth and have to find a piece of gum.)

Speaking of icky tastes ... I need to keep pickle juice in a thermos. I get crazy muscle cramps, usually in my feet and legs. Snowboarding brings them out in full fury. Pickle juice seems to help. It's hard to find up there.

Seventeen-year-old boys think "sharks eating cats" is "wicked awesome." Well duh. It IS!!

I really love snowboarding on New Years Eve!

Thanks, Cody, for the free pass, and Karla, for the day off work!

7 comments:

  1. I like this! You went snowboarding. Wish I could have gone with you. It would have made you look like a pro compared to my inexperience. I ALSO happen to LOVE the New Moon soundtrack. I love the possibility song and all the others. The movie is pretty cool. You might have to see it now. If you don't, I will forever be butt hurt!

    Have a happy happy new year! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post Brooke. Love that first image. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and your pot coat. And I love the randomness you think about when you have lots of time to think. So. Much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, you make me laugh. Your pot coat is awesome! We are going to come visit this spring, probably april, for real this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks that was awesome!!!! I want to go out on the mountain sometime!!!maybe this year maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay i love snow! i am going skiing for first time in long while tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke, You have got to be the coolest person that I know!!! I wish I had the guts to go snowboarding, or maybe just the money to try it. Someday maybe. I wish I lived closer so you could teach me. You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete