Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

I CAN do it ALL!!

So, back in September, I was staying at my grandma's house in Utah and trying to make plans for the weekend. I was only going to be there a few days and I didn't have a car. I'd already made plans for my cousin Sydney to pick me up and bring me to cousin Kim's house where we'd all go out for dinner and then play games. I then borrowed Kim's car, met up with a friend in Salt Lake and rode with him to Logan for a wedding reception and to hang out with old friends from Greenbrier. I came back in time to sleep, go to church with Kim, and then met up at Grandma's house again for her birthday party and games with more cousins. I was arranging all of this and wondered if I could also hang out with my old roommate, Shmarah while I was there. Grandma told me, "Brooke, you're so busy. You need to learn that you can't do it all!" 3 text messages later, Shmarah was on her way to meet me and Grandma's house and take me hiking! Grandma ate her words. "Well, I guess maybe you CAN!"
So, I'm realizing that this is how I live my life. I want to do it all. As soon as friends invite me to do something, I HAVE to figure out a way to do it! I was struggling with October's plans. I'm leaving tomorrow to go to Salt Lake for a concert, then we fly out of Salt Lake Sunday morning for our cruise to the Bahamas. Our flight gets back to Salt Lake at 11:30 p.m. Friday night, and I have some friends hiking the Narrows in Zion National Park on Saturday. But, Kimball's in a play in Rexburg on Saturday night that was only performing Saturday the 24th and Saturday the 31st. I'm still set on going to Lagoon on the 31st. I was going to have to sacrifice SOMETHING and I didn't like it! I knew making arrangements for the Narrows would KILL me, so I cut that out of the plan. I can always go next year. :(
Then, today I hear from Kimball. Her show's been changed. They're not doing it on the 24th. They've moved it to November the 7th. We're back on board. Sydney's picking me up at the airport in SLC at 11:30 p.m. Friday night. We'll drive down to Zion National Park to meet Brooke, Lisa and friends to hike Zions by 10:00 a.m. Saturday. Who needs sleep, when you can do it ALL??? 
I'll be back after the concert, the cruise, and the Narrows to report.
One of these days, I'm going to get really tired.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad for you that it's all working out. However, please know (as you're about to become my roommate) that I DON'T have to do it all. I'm okay skipping out on things sometimes. So, prepare yourself for my excuse of, "I just don't want to do that." :) Because that's the only excuse you'll get sometimes.

    LOVE YOU! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so jealous!!! And I'm happy for you that you can do it all. I hope that you have a fabulous trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so sweet leaving those nice comments and totally making my day! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete