Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pay more attention to my life!!

"Pay more attention to my life!"

So, I had a friend tell me this in jest awhile ago, and I still think it's hilarious! He was so perplexed that I'd forgotten he was out of town one weekend when he'd told me months ago that he was going. Yeah. Sorry, Gary. I forgot.

I've realized that I blog about a lot of random crap and thoughts and stuff, but talk very little about the goings-on. Even when I have news to share, I hesitate to share. I kind of just don't tell people things until they ask. But then I expect you all to being paying attention to my life!

I got a new job. I start on Monday. I'll be working for the Post Register (Idaho Falls newspaper) in the advertising accounts department. I think I make sure each ad that's sold has a space in teh paper, make sure they're all scheduled to run properly and built to the right dimensions. I'm not really sure what else. The job starts out at 30 hours a week, with the hope of full-time and benefits in the fall. I found out about the job a few days ago. I don't know why I hesitate to share! So, cousins of mine whom I talk to every day without mentioning this: Here's your news! Uhh ... Oh, and I'll be working with my high school volleyball coach! Small world! AND I'll be working with several other people that I've never met before in my life! Big world! :)

So, I'm done at the temp job. I told them I wanted to be done Thursday so I could do something fun on Friday. They got another temp to start Thursday, thinking I'd need time to train her. We both got there at 8 a.m. and I left at 10. There's really not much training involved! So, I was out an un-planned day off work, but whatever. I'm home now. And I need a nap.

Other event summaries: I went to Utah last weekend for conference with my friend, Lisa. We stayed at her grandparents house and were able to go to Saturday afternoon session at the Conference Center. I randomly ran into my old roommate, Debra and it was really good to see her! Saturday evening I hung out with Shmarah and had crazy adventures like always! I spent Saturday night and Sunday morning with my Chapple grandparents, then picked up Shyanne (a Silvester cousin) to go watch Sunday afternoon session in sign language! Debra joined us and we chased around Temple Square for a LONG time trying to find where it was broadcast! What a CRAZY trip! I ran into an old neighbor/family home evening sister who's serving her mission in the Salt Lake area. I LOVE finding friends on their misssions! Then, we headed to cousin Heather's house for a LONG overdue Silvester gathering. There were 4 Silvester girls and their families there. None of the Silvester boys showed up, but that's actually pretty typical. It was so fun to hang out with Heather, Jennifer and Amanda, though and just be together! we can't remember the last time the 4 of us have all been at the same place! Umm ... has it been like 20 years? But we've reconnected via this wonderful blog and facebook, so we decided it's fun to be friends in person, too! Guess what?! It WAS fun! I love you ladies!! My family rocks!!

I went on a 20-something mile bike ride on Tuesday. It was our 1 day of good weather before the rain came again and I took FULL advantage of it! We also played 3-on-3 wallyball for 2 hours last night! With 3 on 3, you get a pretty good workout! So, naturally, I'm going to go eat a cookie and go back to bed.

Recent life event summary in pictures:


Lisa John's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day, so we all wore purple and took her for a Progressive Birthday Surprise!
First stop: Red Robin where the waiter kept invading her personal space!


Me, Hillary, Megan, Willie, Kristin, Sara, Lisa, Jeanna
Second stop: Tautphaus Park ice skating rink. Lisa had NO idea what we were going to be doing that night, so I made sure she brought gloves and heavy socks! ... and a swimsuit, flashlight, hiking boots, scriptures ... I couldn't let her know WHAT she was preparing for!

Me, Hillary, Lisa, Kristin
Crazy friends on skates. My favorite part was that Lisa kept saying goodbye to everyone as we'd leave to head to the next place!
Little did she know she'd be seeing them again in five minutes at Jeanna's house for cheesecake!


Lisa Jenkins, Kristin, Ashley, me, Lisa John.
We had a karaoke party with our friend Hillary before she moved to Washington.
If you couldn't tell, we got really into some of the songs!

Lisa stole some ice cream and we had to go back to Reed's Dairy to pay for it!

me, Lisa Jenkins, Lisa John and Jeff Larsen bowling for Jeff's Birthday.

Lisa Jenkins and I came up with a congratulatory gesture for "Gutterball."
There's one for a strike, and one for a spare, but something's missing!!

Me and Lisa after Saturday afternoon session at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City.

I met Shmarah at her apartment and then we went to Red Iguana for some YUMMY mole. aka. chocolate tacos.
This was such a pretty tablecloth. I really wanted to take it home with me!
Debra, me and Shyanne after Sunday afternoon Conference Session on Temple Square. Watching the session in sign language was AWESOME!! I learn things that I don't necessarily learn just listening in English!
I found Karilee ...ahem. Hermana Park on the way across Temple Square after conference! She lived with me at Greenbrier for YEARS and was my Family Home Evening sister a few times! I always wanted to run into her while I lived in Salt Lake, but never thought it would happen! What are the chances I'd see her now?! I LOVE this girl!!
Cousins Amanda, Jennifer, Brooke and Heather with 2 of Heather's kids, Shyanne and Hunter. Silvesters are a lot of fun!
Amanda's son Silvester (first name). We repeatedly discussed the fact that this kid has no hope of ever being "cool." But man, we love that nerdy little boy!! (and his nerdy parents!)
Gavyn, Ian, Ivy and half of Hunter.
It was a nice day outside so the next generation could "run and pray" in the backyard.
There's my life in a nutshell. Pay attention! :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! Yeehaw! That's gotta feel good! I bet you'll make some great new friends at your new place of employment! -Also, I'm laughing a little bit about you training your replacement in a matter of minutes. Bwa ha...

    Shall I give Lisa a hard time about her unintentional thievery? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! I don't know if you'd remember, but I did a (super) short stint in the PR's ad department right after high school.

    Sorry I couldn't play wallyball last night. It's seriously been about four years since I last played. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, it's good to know what is going on in your life!! I can't believe you like mole! I totally puke when I think about eating mole, hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your pictures. You are so pretty!! Congratulations on your new job!! I hope that it goes great for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job-y-job. Sounds like you had a great time down in UT. :)

    ReplyDelete