Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

I had pizza for dinner.

So, I haven't posted in a million and a half years. I have plenty to say, but I just haven't come up with the time or the energy to do it all justice. But really, where's that time and energy going to come from? So, I'm going to lazily update you all on what's going on.
Today has been DRAINING! I'm almost through with the 2nd full week of my job at the Post Register. I am so blessed to have found this job and to be working somewhere I enjoy and that even has a slight promise to be able to apply my degree. I was talking with Joelle (one of my English professors/friends) last night and she confirmed that I really was utilizing my degree. I guess I needed that validation. Right now, I'm still the new kid and I'm trying to adapt my learning methods to match Karla's teaching methods. Today was rough. I'm understanding it all until the sequence goes 900 miles a minute with seven hundred tangents in between because she elaborates on each concept before I've been able to grasp the foundation of it all. Yeah. Maybe I'm the dumb kid. But, it's working. I'm overwhelmed and tired and kinda sick from the gross-nasty pizza I picked up from Little Caesars.
I got a new bike. It's pretty. I've had it for less than a week and have put about 40 miles on it, but haven't felt like I've gone on a decent bike ride yet. I'm glad it came with an odometer so I can actually track myself. I bought the bike Friday, and on Tuesday I ran over a piece of glass and already had to replace the tire. Whatever. I'll post pictures of the bike later.
Also, this last weekend I got to go down to Utah to see Wicked! Holy cow, AMAZING! I've loved the play, the soundtrack, the story for years and finally got to see it! So, I made a round trip to Utah with friends on Saturday, then came back to Idaho Falls for church and on Sunday I decided I needed to go BACK to Utah for Shae's baptism. Shae's my ... umm ... second cousin? The relationship baffles me! But he's such a grown up little boy! He's 11 and has been taking discussions from the missionaries and made his own decision to be baptized! I'm so proud of that little punk and was so glad I was able to support him and his great family. I love my cousin Heather and the hard work she does for her kids. I'm seriously going to post more and elaborate more on all of this soon, I just needed to say SOMETHING for now!

3 comments:

  1. First cousin, once removed. FYI. I wanna see your new bike. What kid is it? Does it have cool handlebars? Shocks? Pegs? Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for jobs that utilize those long-fought for skills! I'm glad it's going well.

    I know about 10 people who have seen Wicked recently. I've never even heard the soundtrack, but I'd like to. We considered seeing it in Utah the weekend before my surgery, but it leaves before then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for jobs and utilizing your degree! -Although, even if you didn't you should feel bad because I hear that TONS of people don't actually work in the area where they have their degree.

    I heart you. :)

    ReplyDelete