Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Because I can't ignore a direct request from Valerie

Valerie wants me to update my blog. And I know she was talking to me when she said it.
--Summers and falls are for country music. It always happens that way. (I live in Idaho, so it kind of just applies here.) Working at the Post Register has its perks. We sponsor lots of events and I get free tickets. Hello, Josh Turner. Hello, Ronnie Dunn. Thanks for letting me sing along.

--someone I care about just broke off her engagement. There were lies and secrets. Things may have been okay if he'd been honest from the beginning. It's made me think a lot. I understand the need for openness and honesty in a marriage relationship. It's SO important. I think it's important to have someone you don't feel like you have to hide from. That someone should be your spouse. I've realized that there is not one person in my life that I feel I can be completely open and honest with. There are a few who are close. But there are still barriers. Is this something that can/should only be achieved in marriage? Maybe I still just gotta wait my turn.
On a related note: I have a friend who hasn't told his wife about an ex-girlfriend that he was madly in love with. She broke his heart. Isn't this something his wife should know about? None of my business. I just believe in honesty.

--My email account was hacked this morning. This is one of those things that never seems like a big deal until it happens to you. Still, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal to me, either if I hadn't just sent Viagra/sex drive emails to 1/2 of my coworkers AND my Stake Presidency.

--Pinterest is a little bit inspiring for me. I think I may even learn how to braid my hair. Cooking is still a ways down the road, but it could happen.

--Last night, I was digging through an old plastic crate full of CD's. The crate had been stored on a shelf in the basement and I was holding it in my lap while I looked for "Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet." About halfway through the digging, I noticed that stuck to the back of the crate (and subsequently also sitting on my lap) was a VERY full spider trap. Now, most girls would have thrown the entire thing out the window and ran away screaming. I shuddered. And continued to dig. Never found that CD.

--So often, when I'm frustrated or just craving some sort of gratification, I'll think about going shopping and actually ask myself, "Is there anything I could buy right now?" Yes. The concept of "living by necessity" is pretty far out of my reach.

On a completely unrelated note, I think I need this.

1 comment:

  1. AN UPDATE! Hooray for an update!

    If you ever get that trampoline/teepee/hammock thingy, can I try it out? It looks FUN! (Darn you, Pinterest!)

    ReplyDelete