Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Snow boots in the Springtime

Today's branch temple day. It's a stark contrast to last week's temple day. Last week came in the form of regret and anxiety and a bit of self-loathing.
This week's comes with optimism, hope, impatience, disorientation, stale gum and hot feet. (who decided to wear leather boots on a warm spring day?)
I still don't have a car. Today's Wednesday work loud went rather smoothly. That means I'm here at work, having finished my day's tasks, biding time until Kari picks me up to bring me to the temple. I asked her on Sunday for a ride, not remembering that Bethany actually works downstairs. She's temple-ing today, too and could easily bring me there with her. Oh well. It'll be a fun excuse for a brief one-on-one with Kari.
One-on-one is my favorite way to be. Big groups of fun friends are great and all, but I love the INDIVIDUAL-ness. I'm already going to miss the parking lot carpool/ one-on-one time. That's what we all are. No one of us is a group. Flashing through my mind now are references to "ministering to the one" along with "my name is Legion; for we are many."
I'm trying my darnedest not to be desperate, but I fail. The definition of desperate is checking my email every 2 minutes. It's been three days--no response. Hold on. Lemme check again. Nope. Still nothing. Dang you, iPhone for making this desperation too convenient. How is it that I've built two separate relationships with the same person: One via email and phone; the other, face-to-face? I'm still waiting for that email to clarify what could have been discussed in person. Twice.
I'm grateful for priesthood blessings and dads who give them. I'm grateful for scriptures that read differently when you're needing that kind of direction. I'm grateful for headphones and BYU devotionals while I enter advertising tickets at work. I'm grateful for guidance and direction.
I'm craving application.
I'm also thinking fondly of these guys.

The anti-birth control. After screaming-ball-throwing-kid-at-volleyball, I've needed a perspective adjustment. I guess all kids aren't horrible. Maybe I could get me some, after all. But if they act anything like me, I'm leaving them with Grandma.

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh! These are the babies you were telling me about last week! They are DARLINGS! Yes, an anti-birth control for sure...

    See you tomorrow afternoon, right? And into the evening? Awesome. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have me all paranoid. Are my kids awesome or a pain? If you ask me, they're incredibly awesome. I guess we'll see how they do at Monday's game. 'Cause they're coming. (When I said something about leaving for volleyball this week, Bekah said, "When can we watch you play?" I figured with a 7 p.m. game time, they could tag along and still make it to bed on time.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did it!! I finally read it. They are darlings, aren't they? Yay for going to the temple. Keep going. Get application. Come visit. Stay if you can. We'll have a basement soon, and we need family to love us.

    ReplyDelete