I'm the girl in the office that has to open the blinds big and wide so I can watch it flutter to the ground. Flutter? Who am I kidding? I live in Idaho. I usually watch it PLASTER and blow and swirl in every crevice and sheet coats of ice over our cars. That's the only time snow gets a bit annoying to me. I don't like it when it somehow super glues itself to my windshield. But other than that, I LOVE snow!
I just realized today that it's melting. It's the beginning of March. Most people are praying for Spring. My heart did skip a beat last week when the sun was shining and I went to work in just a jacket. I was excited for hiking and biking and going for walks around the greenbelt. You know, warm weather things.
But today, I decided--NOT YET!! I counted the ski tags on my coat while riding the chair lift this afternoon at Kelly Canyon. Four. FOUR?? That is SO not enough! And it always takes me a couple good funs to remember that I know how to snowboard and get to the point where I can stop being a wussy-pants and actually improve. Today was that day. I was totally shredding it up out there! (whatever, none of you were there, so you're just going to have to go along with my story.) I did all the runs I've been too scared to do before, and I didn't have to even slow down much before shooting down the straight and narrow channels. I need to go again! And then a couple more times after that!
Winter can't be over yet. I haven't been x-country skiing AT ALL. It was a fun hobby I re-developed two winters ago. Last year, I only went twice and thought that was pretty darn sad. But this year? Nonce. I need more time to fit it all in. And don't even get me started on ice skating, or hockey games (nonce on both accounts) or sledding (once) or hot chocolate, or running and sliding down the driveway. I promise I'll shovel 4 neighbors' driveways for another big snow storm! I just need to be able to play some more!
Now, for some pictures of the stuff.
This was the year I lost my apartment under all that snow.
You can't see it, but I'm on a snowboard. Comin' atcha!
We rock at sweeping tennis balls around a sheet of ice using plastic brooms.
We gotta do our stretches first. Why are there only three pairs of skis?
Only cool people wear coats with pot leaves on them.
I decided that snow angels in my jammies was the best way to set the precedence for the New Year.
Brimball likes snow.
Snow doesn't have to keep you away from the playground. It obviously didn't keep me from wearing dorky glasses, either.
When it snows 6 inches overnight, you basically have no choice but to make a round person out of it.
This isn't just any ol' dude who can adjust his boot while hovering four feet in the air above an ice half pipe. Nope. He's a World Cupper. At least ... that's what he was trying for.
There's only one place to stand when the fights break out.



No comments:
Post a Comment