Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

do I HAVE to catch up?

If I don't catch up, does that mean I'll always be behind? What's the rule in blogging? So I haven't blogged every event or thought in my life. I don't have to! You're not the boss of me. I've lived nearly 28 years without any incentive to "get ahead." I'm a natural-born slacker and always will be. Even worse, if someone else tries to force that incentive on me, I WILL rebel.
That being said ... it's Memorial Day and I'm home sick. (thanks a lot, Kylee.) But it's better now than anytime in the next 3 weeks. As long as I'm better by Friday--and I WILL BE.

So, I'm bored and I may as well take this time to post again, since it's been awhile. But I am NOT going to call it "catching up" because... well ... that puts me in the same league as those I think are ridiculous. And I WON'T fall into that mold.

I'm not going to catch up. The past is the past. You missed it. I was there. Most of you were somewhere else. It's okay. But I AM going to share a few current goings-on.

1) Volleyball is coming to a close. I never thought I'd be relieved by this. Our co-ed team has been rockin' awesome for two seasons. This season, our women's team has been cause for a LOT of frustration for this overwhelmed team captain who had NO idea what she was getting into by mixing coworkers and friends all on one team. I've learned my lesson. This season has brought more drama than your average high school volleyball team. I'm ready for my favorite sport to be fun again. I'll stick with our stake open volleyball nights and am looking forward to forming our co-ed team again in the fall.

2) During this hiatus from volleyball, I get to cheer, support and good-game my roommates' softball team. 90% of the team is in my branch, so they may as well give up on having FHE or branch activities all summer, since we're all going to be watching for Jeff to trample his sister in order to catch a fly ball; or laughing as Kara rolls over on top of first base, in order to beat the ball there; or just eating all the sunflower seeds and cinnamon bears in the dugout and accidentally cheering for the wrong team because we stopped paying attention. These things happen and I'm excited for a summer's worth of all of it.
G.O. Speech Therapy team huddle

Me and Kylee cheerin' them on

3) My birthday's this week. Any of you who have known me during the month of June since 1997 will know what that means. Palisades weekend! Pray for good weather for Friday and Saturday! We've got canoes, kayaks, hamburgers, volleyball, croquet and hiking all counting on it! Man, I'm burnt out from planning stuff ... but I'm super excited!

4) Speaking of planning stuff. Anyone remember this? Specifically, the Havasupai part. Yep. We're doing it again! June 15-19th. 18 young adults, 3 vehicles, 28 hours in a car, 16 hammocks, 4 tents, 6 waterfalls, 1 Indian Reservation, 24 packages of spaceman food, 29 stray dogs, 23,000 squirrels, and 178 blisters. Here we come.

5) I'm considering getting some sort of enhancement. This is what happens when I'm given two pinatas to hold.



6) Okay, so this isn't "catching up" ... but I had a few pictures for review. :D Mostly because Gina would hate me if I didn't mention her birthday.


a) Branch Fiesta

me and Ashley
me, Brooke, Keri, Ashley, Kristine, Amanda and Jami

b) Gina's birthday hike at Mesa Falls in the snow/sunshine/rain
Heather, Brooke, Taletha, Jeanna, Skyler, Keri, me and Lisa
Gina (the birthday girl) with Skyler and her brother Brent
me, Gina, Lisa and Brooke at the lower falls

2 comments:

  1. DON'T get the "enhancement" Brooker! Yuck, yuck, YUCK!!! It's yucky!

    Also, I wouldn't hate you if you didn't mention my birthday. But I LOVE that you DID all the same :)

    Here's to YOUR upcoming celebration! Wish I could be there for it!

    And PS, I like that you come to our softball games. Makes me feel loved, supported and validated. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please never have an enhacement... especially that size! That's kind of freaky!

    ReplyDelete