As I stand, I've forgotten everything I wanted to say. I'm tired and I've gotten way behind on this thing. So, how 'bout I just say stuff about stuff and stop mourning the loss of great blogging ideas.
Stuff I want to say stuff about:
Desirae's HOME!!!
Yes, she's been home for a few weeks now. Whatever. NOT old news! My girl's HOME and we're still excited about it! Desirae served a 19 month mission for the LDS Church in Knoxville, TN. On her way home, she got to attend the temple when one of her first converts received his endowment. She had a rough, amazing experience in Tennessee and is a much better person for it. But, she's still my same Des, and I love that! It's been fun having her around and getting to hang out like old times. She's living with her brother and his family across town, so I don't see her nearly as much as we used to when we lived just down the street from each other. I guess that's what comes when you grow up, get jobs and separate lives. But, Des has been able to come x-country skiing, to volleyball and game nights with me and my friends and we're doing great at merging worlds. I love this girl, and I'm proud of who she is.
I had my own exciting event last weekend. I finally was able to go to the Idaho Falls LDS Temple and receive my own endowment. It's been a long time coming, but I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing for the right reason and was fully prepared. It's been an enlightening and spiritual process and I'm SO grateful that I have such an excellent support system. I meant to avoid making this into a huge event, and wanted only to invite those closest to me, who had been a part of this journey for me. What I didn't take into consideration was the vast number of AMAZING people I have in my life. It was a real eye opener to see my loved ones show up to support me in this important step in my life. We filled that session pretty well! Roll call: Grandma Ruby and Grandpa Jay from Cedar Hills, Utah; Aunt Vicki and Uncle Keith from Saratoga Springs, Utah; Uncle Curtis from American Fork, Utah; Cousin Kim from Sandy, Utah; Kimball Madsen and her sister Lacey and Lacey's husband, Michael came from Rexburg. Kimball's parents Mark and Laurel Madsen came from Spokane, Washington. Desirae Rowberry; and then my dear friends from my branch: Kylee Dayton, Brooke Stoddard, Gina Orgill, Lisa John, Nicole Holmes and Brother and Sister Schwieder. The temple is AMAZING. I'm so grateful that I am able to make the covenants and receive the blessings of the temple. and I'm so grateful for the people in my life who have all helped, loved and supported me.
That's what I have to say for now.
Now for some pictures:
Nicole got married! Chennelle, me, Nicole and Kylee at the reception. Cruise buddies reunited! Hmm. Where's the groom?

Me and my Madsen Family outside the Temple after my first endowment session. Mom Laurel, Dad Mark, Kimball, me, Lacey and Michael. Kimball was my roommate, but her family has brought me in and claimed me as their own. Thank heavens for inclusive families! I'm so blessed to be a part of this one.
My girls at the lunch thingy at my parents' house after the temple. Nicole, Kylee, me, Gina and Lisa. Man, I've got some good ones in my life! They don't get better than this.
Have I mentioned that I FREAKING LOVE my parents? Yeah, they're pretty awesome! And it's rare that we can get dad to smile for a picture. Good one, Daddy!
Cousin Kimmy and Uncle Curtis. Kim isn't really that tall. Curt just wanted to show off ... and annoy. So, he picked her up!
MAN, I love this crazy family of mine!! Back row: Uncle Keith, Cousin Dallin, Cousin Makay (hiding), Uncle Curtis. Middle row: Cousin Kimmy, Aunt Vicki (hiding), Cousin Matthew, Dad Mark, Mom Brenda, Grandma Ruby. Front row: me and Grandpa Jay. The whole lot of them drove from Utah to be there. QUICK trip, but holy cow, I love the support!
Isn't it sad to think that it took you a long time to put this all together, and I read it in a matter of minutes? Oh well, it was totally worth your time for me, you know? :)
ReplyDeleteGlad I could be there for you last week, it was such an awesome day!
Thanks for being my friend, Brooker! I think you're pretty stellar!
All I can say is CONGRATS BROOKE!!! Oh, and your amazing, and your cool, and you rock! :) So glad you made the decision to go through. Isn't it awesome!???
ReplyDeleteWish I could have been there. Love ya.
Congratulations Brooke!!! What a great day for you!!! I only wish that I could have been there. You are the greatest Brooke!!
ReplyDeleteHooray for Des! And hooray for you! "I love to see the temple. I went inside the other day ..." (Okay, so it doesn't really fit with the tune unless you squeeze those last couple of words in. Work with me!)
ReplyDeletei will not be sad that i was not told of this awesome thing you did. I will not be sad that I was not told of this awesome thing you did. Congrats!
ReplyDelete