Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

My grandma and my uncle look like a married couple ...

So, my grandma's been a pretty successful realtor for a lot of years now. Growing up, I'd see her picture on billboards and park benches all over the Utah Valley. She's sold houses to several "famous" Utahns whose names I should know, but don't. She's a pretty big deal. A few years ago, she decided to take on her youngest son as a partner. Grandma wants to retire eventually, and Uncle Curtis could take over. She brought him in under her name, and they made up business cards and all sorts of stuff. Now, Curtis pretty much runs the show. But, grandma's name's still involved. Every month we get a printed recipe from Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage with Grandma and Curt's business information on it. The picture has always bothered me. I know that this is my 68 year old grandmother and her 38 year old son. But to anyone else, it looks like my grandma's a cradle robber!


A Gift from Curtis & Ruby Chapple
Your Recipe for Success in Real Estate
This picture was taken a few years ago. Grandma's hair is a little less ... bulbous now.
The recipe on the card is for Rabanada (whatever that is) and sugar sauce. Let me know if you want it. I can post that, too!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you have done to the blog, it looks great! As for the grandma picture I wouldn't immediately assume they were married but I guess it does look a little suspicious. I'm not even sure what those recipes are for so no thanks on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your gma is only 68 I only have one living grandparent. She looks cute!

    ReplyDelete