Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Disorientated ...



My eyebrows are furrowed. Either that, or they're just growing together due to lack of tweezer maintenance ... so much has been going on and right now, I can't seem to make sense of it all!


I've been learning a little (okay, a LOT) about accepting the Lord's will. Shinae and her family are moving. It's been a messy situation, and I've been really involved in the process, so I KNOW that it's what Heavenly Father wants for them. I shouldn't be having a hard time with it, but I am. I've spent so much time talking to Shinae about following the Lord's council and accepting His guidance, but I'm having a hard time doing that for myself. I'm bugged. They're not moving very far, but they're moving out of the ward and out of the stake. Just as I get a friend to sit with in Relief Society ... we actually only got to sit together ONCE! We taught primary for 2 weeks, and then today was supposed to be our last Sunday together. She hurt her knee, so she didn't come. I was back to sitting ALL ALONE (I seriously had a whole row to myself) and I nearly cried! It took all I had to not just get up and leave! I know, it's in my hands to reach out and make friends, but I found the best one, and now she's leaving me! I just hate this!



Abby tried to share her grilled cheese sandwich with mom! Shinae was surprised to see that in her face!



I'm happy for them that they've found a place to live that's going to work for them and that their prayers and faith are finally paying off! I'm just feeling a little selfish right now! This weekend I got to spend the WHOLE weekend helping them with garage sales and packing. I got to meet Shinae's mom (whom I've heard SO MUCH about) and finally put a face to all the crazy stories! I've heard a lot of drama about this woman, but she was so nice, and it was so fun to spend time with her! She thanked me multiple times for all the things I've done for Shinae and her family and it was so good to feel appreciated! Yesterday, I had McKylla and Abby for a little while while Shinae cut and dyed her mom's hair. I took the girls (without their mom's permission) puddle jumping after the rain storm! We were wet and dirty, but so happy! Yeah, I'm a cool Aunt Brooke!




I taught McKylla and Abby how to run really fast through all the puddles

down the side of the street!

(Yes, Shinae. I taught your children to play in the street)




Abby likes to run and splash in the puddles like her sister!!

Wet, but happy!! It's fun to get dirty!!

I've been praying a lot about Shinae and her family situation and have really overlooked my own. I've gotta find a balance, because I'm really struggling right now! I think I've been overstimulated and I need to be content with just chilling. Things have just been going so strong and so hard that I'm feeling a bit depressed at the lull!


Conversations seem so mundane. I've been on such a high and at such a level that I seem to crave that now. I'm bugged by the everyday drone. I'm not being very descriptive right now because I can't quite pinpoint what I'm trying to say.

I'm totally bugged and I'm not sure why. I'm worried about Desirae. She's struggling with a few things on her mission and it kills me to see her question what I know she knows! The power of Satan is real! In our Relief Society lesson today, a woman shared an awesome thought that has stuck with me. She said that Satan will try his best to distract us from good things. He will throw trials in our paths, but when we attribute these downfalls as Satan's work, we can thwart his plan. Once we acknowledge that things are going wrong because of him, then we can say, "Get behind me Satan!" It's when we start to doubt ourselves and give in to the trials that he wins.
I went to Paige Rowberry's volleyball game and practically the whole family was there!

I had to be there to sit in for Des. Paige has a posse!



4 comments:

  1. Brooke,

    I want you to know how thankful I am for ALL of your support, love, friendship, work, and prayers. I am feeling so much better in my life now that I have you as my best friend. You have been one of the most influential people in my life. I thank Heavenly Father each and every day for you.

    Sweetie, you need to start focusing on you. I feel like I've dragged you through the ringer in all MY drama and haven't been able to focus on you. I'm so sorry I'm not there for you right now. I SO want you to love your job, see the blessings in it, and help you become a stronger woman. You need to be happy and grow. I want to help you achieve these things because you deserve to be happy. I love you Brooke, and I hope that you know that much. I'll talk to you later on about this.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like the new blog name. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trickle, so the things that you want to say to Des about satan being real you really just need to say to yourself, why else do you think you are feeling so down? Heavenly Father doesn't make us feel that way, satan has taken this challenge and is using it against you, don't let him manipulate you! You are a wonderful person and need to take care of yourself, I sit by myself in Relief society alot and I really don't mind because I am in relief society for me and I love that I can be alone in my thoughts and listen to the spirit and not always have someone to distract me. As much fun as it is to have someone to always be there, sometime we have to realize that the best person to have next to us is the Lord. Everything will work out and you are going to be just fine, I am sorry you are struggling with this though. Why don't you go find a nice boy to cuddle up with...ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whats up with Des anyway? From all her letters you send me she sounds great!

    ReplyDelete