I'm starting to notice something about myself. I suck at blogging! I read my friends' blogs and hear about family vacations and fun things kids say and new babies and preparing for new babies and new cars and moving and coworkers and exciting, but everyday occurrences. (Not that new babies come every day, but it's life that you guys are all talking about!)
So, what's my problem? I don't talk about life. I could tell you all about the rodeo I went to on Saturday night or I could tell you that Sarah and I are moving today (yes, I'm included in all of the bloggers who are moving!) But we're only moving two buildings away and we're doing it all after work today. I could tell you about the five mile hike I went on last night by myself that was steeper than I expected and my knees (which are in NO good shape) were shaking like crazy by the time I got back to the bottom IN THE DARK and I almost stepped on a snake. Then I came home and threw up all night because of the bad toll it took on my body when I hadn't eaten and I didn't drink anything.
I could blog about how I don't have internet at my apartment (I never did, I've been pirating it, but now that's not even working) and so I can't check facebook (because it's blocked at work) so I'm getting emails up the wazoo about people sending me messages and trying to add me as a friend, but I can't do anything about it, and I have no idea how Baby Lila is doing and it's KILLING ME!!!
I could blog about the car accident I got in today on my lunch break. How a guy came out of nowhere as I was backing out of my parking spot at my apartment and how my bike rack took out his passenger window and tore chunks out of his back door and we had to swap insurance info, wait for the cops to come and get his car towed away because the fender was smashed into the tire so he couldn't drive it.
I could tell you about Kim, my coworker who called me at midnight one night from the emergency room. I drove down there to sit with her and she hasn't talked to me since then.
I could tell you about all these things that normal people blog about, but really ... I'm most concerned that I can't figure out how to get a YouTube video to post, cuz really, this is what I wanted to share: My favorite So You Think You Can Dance routine so far in the 2008 season!
All I can figure out is the link. Enjoy.
Favorite So You Think You Can Dance routine of the season!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq-8YUHjBNQ
Brooke, I want to hear all those stories! Please do share! I sort of felt that way in the begininng, like I really didn't have anything "exciting" to blog about. But now I blog about whatever I want, and it's usually really not the exciting, for further proof of that see my post today about deodorant and chicken marinades! Keep up the good work, you're doing great and good luck moving!
ReplyDeleteDo you know what I love best about this, is that you're not the only one to post this as their primary post. It's the coolest dance around. I missed tonight, but I'm not sure you could beat this, really. I don't want to admit to how many times I've watched it and Matt won't let me admit how many times he watched it.
ReplyDeleteBrook... just blog. I don't write anything exciting either. Sorry about your accident, good luck with moving and all that, and next time you almost step on a snake, make sure you DO step on it good and hard. Then take it home and eat it. You could blog about THAT!
ReplyDeleteSo has Sarah gotten a job? Doing what? What's your job again? Something in editing? That was an exciting blog. I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteBrooke! I think you are a great blogger and I would love to hear about anything that is going on in your life.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Hey Brooke!
ReplyDeleteI want to hear all of your crazy stories. And by the way, my blog is yellow on a blue background--so something is wrong with your computer!!!!
Brooke!!!
ReplyDeletehow do you not have your e-mail address anywhere on your blog?!! please e-mail me!!! beanie_397@hotmail.com. I'd love to hear from you!!
alisha