Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back in Idaho





So ... I've been avoiding blogging about this because it just sucks and I don't want to talk about it! But I figured I should let you all know. I lost my job in Salt Lake. It was actually a forced mutual decision. I was miserable. They wanted to fire me. After a whole day of deliberations, I just quit. It was going to happen anyway, whether it was that day or 2 weeks later after being miserable and on "probation"! I felt like I was on probation anyway ... I didn't need more paranoia! So, I packed for a couple of weeks and came home to Idaho. I was going to be making the trip every weekend from SLC anyway, so I figured I'd just stay here.


I'm super relieved at being back in Idaho and just want to find a job and stay here. My goal is still to work my tail off and be able to go on a mission in a few months, but it's going to be a LOT harder without that technical writer income! But everytime I think about going back to live in Salt Lake, I just want to cry! I sucks though because Sarah and I just signed a contract for a new contract and moved in two weeks ago! And now I'd be leaving her on her own. I still don't have a job. I've been looking into things and am waiting to hear back from a few places, but my future hangs in the balance! I could really use your prayers right now! I'm trying hard not to be so discouraged and depressed about this, but it's not working out very well!


I have some great friends in Idaho that kidnapped me and cheered me up when I got back to Idaho. I'm grateful for that. I just love being back home! I just wish I had a purpose and a vision of how it's supposed to work out. Faith. I'm working on that.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds terribe! I hate jobs! I hate bosses. Man, I would ask for details, but I'm sure you don't want to share. Imagine me giving you a hug and a pat on the back and then making you cookies. Feel better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schmookie--
    I am so sorry you are having a sucky time! What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger! I know that probably isn't helpful, but that is all I got. Imagine eating Lara's cookies--I am sure they would taste better than mine to comfort you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there... where are you now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ... just so you know, I tagged you. Visit our blog to see what you have to do.

    ReplyDelete