Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Details

Oh, my loving, demanding friends and family! Guess I have to fill in some gaps! Except, a lot of details are still missing. I'll tell you what I know. My housing contract is over on Saturday. It's a dang good thing, because I'm probably not going to last much longer without killing some roommates. I am SO over this place! I've loved my times here, but those are definitely over. Right now, I'm working for the newspaper in Rexburg at a job that I love with people that I tolerate and a paycheck that depresses me. I could probably do better working at Wendy's! So, in light of the past few AMAZING weekends in Utah with friends and family, I feel that I need to go there. I've researched jobs, and all it would take is 3-4 months of working in my field, and I'd have enough $$ saved for a mission, which is my ultimate goal. 1 small problem. I haven't heard back from anyone who wants to hire me! I'm down to just a few more days of housing, and then it looks like I'll be moving into my parents' house in Idaho Falls and commuting to Rexburg to work. I'd love to give my notice, but I need to be sure I have another job first!

Ideally:
hear back from one of the thousands of companies I've applied for and be hired for a technical writing/editing position.
Give my 2 weeks notice and train a new person in my job.
Move to Grandma's basement and pay no rent. Work 40 hours a week, find a great ward and a great bishop and fill out mission papers and get a call and work some more and then leave by the end of the summer! and in my spare time, I'll be able to play with all my family and friends in that area!

Until then, I'll live with my parents and commute, then I can move into Joelle's house for a month if I'm staying in Rexburg. uggh!

Anyone know of anyone who's hiring in the writing/editing fields?

3 comments:

  1. Utah sounds like fun! We will actually be in Utah for a few weeks in July to visit Todd's family, so if you can't come up to Rexburg we can meet with you there. Although it won't be the same to not be in Joelle's kitchen. Good luck finding a job, I wish I could help you out with that one. My innards are doing great, I am feeling much better thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve's Dad works for the provo herald but I don't know of anything open... might just have to get your butt down here and scout around....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brooke-
    So I was going to e-mail you but this is more convenient. I am pregnant and have weird dreams when I'm in this state... that is my disclaimer. So I had this psycho dream and you were in it. I hope you don't hate me after I tell you this... so this soap opera was trying to get new people on it and were interviewing all these people and guess who got on the soap opera! YOU DID! One day in my dream I see a poster or a commercial or something of this soap opera and its new star... you. You had your hair braided in pig tails and you looked different. Then after all this I find out you are having a secret love affair with Greg (Devon's roomate the year I got married. Remember him?). He was a soccer star. It was a really weird dream. I still can't get over the visual... Brooke as a soap opera star. I hope this puts a smile on your face instead of making you think how psychotic I am. Again, my disclaimer... I am pregnant.

    ReplyDelete