Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Dian makes blog posts look easy

Can I catch up an entire seven months of blogging in one paragraph? My friend Dian did an entire blog post in just a few sentences. But I'm pretty sure she was summing up just one day. Either way, she inspired me.

Catching up used to seem too overwhelming. It still is. I'm gonna simplify. Maybe month-by-month? My last post was in June. I'm'a start with July, then. Assuming I can remember that far back ...

July--
I watched a parade and some fireworks. Stuck a flag down the back of Trista's pants. I got my hair did and my toes sparkled. Got some sand in my pants. Learned to fly. My friend Allyson came to visit from North Carolina. We toured BYU-Idaho and ate at Big Jud's. We did some other things, too. We never did see a moose. Lost something. I climbed on some water falls, got a "couple picture" taken with a married guy, and hiked to some lakes and rode my bike to lots of faraway places. Sweated a lot. It's July. Got a new hydration pack.

August--
I hiked Tablerock with Carl, Kylee and Robyn for the first time EVER. Broke in my new hydration pack. Learned about altitude sickness. Saw the Tetons up close. Dragged Joelle on a 34 mile bike ride. Realized that I don't gauge distance very well. And went to Playmill. And ate a burger with an egg on it. I also did Zumba in the park. Ate a spicy mango. I attended some softball games. Bought new shoes.

September--
I bought some necklaces at a craft show in Utah. I joined a steering committee. I laughed with Kimball. I hung out with grandma and her zucchini. I saw my parents pulled over on the side of the road and helped change a flat tire. Used up all the Clorox wipes while popping popcorn at the fair. Ate some fried green tomatoes and a cheeseburger on a donut. Chased squirrels with small cousins (Silvester and Zola). Turned down a gracious offer from Zola of a half-eaten cucumber. Rode an elliptical bicycle around a parking lot at a fall festival. Hiked in a cave. Listened to some bass-singing fiddlers. I saw Sydney and Ernest get sealed, hung out with family, decorated a car and wrapped a cousin-in-law (Lee) in lights. (that was all one sentence because it was all in one day.) Also, I think we played laser tag.

October--Toured Grand Teton National Park with Kylee. Practiced my elk bugling. Played some volleyball. Won some games. Lost some, too. Biked through Harriman Park with some English professors. Then I got lost. Spent an entire day in the SLC airport. Flew into the wrong airport in North Carolina. Became a part of a family. Got called out for my lack of Southern hospitality. More sand in my pants. Ate REAL BBQ. Taught Brooke and Blair cat's cradle. Fell off a waterfall where Hunger Games was filmed. Fell in love with peanut butter, banana and Oreo milkshakes. Ate some tacos. Chased some seagulls. Picked up an accent. Hunted for lizards. Watched 28 Days. Converted to the iPhone 4 (yes, I'm one model behind.) Sisterly bonding.

November--Played some more volleyball. Prayed for snow. Attended a conference. Bought some boots. Another craft show with Gina where we bought matching afghans. Got snow. Set the table. Set the salt & pepper shakers out two-by-two. Ate some turkey. Learned the difference between pickled beets and cranberry sauce. Played some more laser tag.

December--Went snowboarding with Brooke and 30 high-school students. Saved my nose from frostbite. Bought a hoodie. Bought another hoodie. Won multiple games of Wackee Six with Brad as my partner. Laughed at Kari's losses with Mark as her partner. Ate some cookies. Colored my hair. Un-colored my hair. Decorated a Christmas tree. Humiliated my mother on Facebook. Searched online for an application to Hogwarts. Won a silent auction. Got in a fight. Ate some more cookies. Did some Zumba to counteract the cookie-eating. Then ate some more to counteract the Zumba. Ran into Joelle at the mall and where we read some dinosaur pop-up books together. Bought some Christmas gifts. Bought myself some Christmas gifts. Listened to A Christmas Carol on my drive to Utah. Started a puzzle. Made some snow angels. Lost an aunt on an inner tube. Got her back and sang Christmas songs to make her feel better. Got some x-country skis and a snowboarding helmet and snow boots and a coat for Christmas. Got snow for Christmas. Played laser tag. Drove home from Utah in said snow at 2am. Drove BACK to Utah 2 days later. Finished a puzzle. Introduced Southerners to snow and snow coats and snow gloves and snow pants and snow boots and snow sleds and snow balls and white washing. I also introduced them to Cafe Rio. Started a new puzzle. Went to Temple Square, parked my truck on top of a snow drift, then watched Harry Potter from a cuddle sac sammiched between two cuddlers and drank hot chocolate for New Years.

January--Disappointed by P.F. Changs. Did some more Zumba. Fought with my truck in -20 degree weather. Went x-country skiing with Desirae. Skipped Relief Society to do some more. Registered a new volleyball team. Forgot to clean my bathroom. Made dinner for my mom's birthday. (Yes, this is noteworthy.) Endured an eye-twitch and blogged about the last seven months in incomplete sentences. Shamed myself as an English major. Discovered that the brand new flashlight I've been toying with and had finally decided is defected is now shining brightly from my table across the room. Ghost light. That brings us to now.

I have a headache.



No comments:

Post a Comment