Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

overdosed on grapes

It takes time to be witty. Who has time for wit?
Sometimes, when I'm distracted at work, I think about blogging and what I might write about. But instead, I end up eating grapes and chatting with Kristin about Geminis and nameless guys on motorcycles. Those also deserve attention.
It's all cloudy and rainy outside. Know what that means? Softball could very well be canceled tonight, but Brooke and Gina are in New York, so there's no one to pass that information on.
Tonight's our last volleyball game of the season before tournament starts next week. It's been an AWESOME season! Last year's women's league was rough. (Girls can be fickle, no matter what their age!) And I was really hesitant to do it all over again. But I'm so glad I did. These girls are so much fun to play with. We've even won a few games! And we have wicked awesome team t-shirts. Why haven't I been bringing my camera to games? I really hope to remember it tonight. Oh, and we're going to win tonight. Yessiree, we are!
This weekend was my birthday. I was actually trying to pretend it wasn't happening. (my whole life, I've been convincing myself that the world DOES revolve around me on that day, and most years, I've felt special enough to believe myself!) This year, I knew that wasn't happening. My parents were out of town. Brooke, Gina, Jamie, Kylee, Keri, Jeanna, Willie were out of town. Many friends and family LIVE out of town. I was abandoned. Does this sound like the world revolved around me that day? I sure didn't think so.
But guess what? My birthday DID happen. And it really was a lot of fun. Zumba with good friends, a lonely 28 mile bike ride complete with sunburn and sore bum. Then, a bunch of in-town friends and I piled into vehicles to head to West Yellowstone to Playmill. I love that place. I love that I know people there. I love that after all these years, it still kinda feels like home.
It was a great place to be on the day that wasn't mine--but kind of ended up being mine, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I want to go on a 28 mile bike ride and get a sore bum! And I wanna go to the Playmill wif you this summer too! We gotta party hard this summer!

    ReplyDelete