So, this blog was just nominated by my dear roommate's blog http://theginabean2.blogspot.com/
What an honor, because I'm kinda sure she rocks the blogging world. Which is why I'm gonna nominate her BACK! (that makes for double-nomination, since someone else had to nominate her to even start this whole cycle. Gina, does that mean you gotta do it again?)
So, apparently because Gina thinks I'm "... random and says it like it is. And I like that." I gotta now nominate 7 blogs that I love and then share 7 random facts about me. This, I can do.
#1 The aforementioned Ginabean. And not just because she nominated me, nor because she's my roommate and I'm trying to do a good deed by her, but because she's also pretty dang random herself. She puts her own voice into every post. And I love the world as shared through Gina's voice.
#2 The Turleys. I'm pretty sure Spencer doesn't do much posting, but that Kylie girl is so stinkin' cute! She's an amazing photographer, with a fun positive style and view of life! AND she's a triplet which adds a whole new level of adorable and amusing.
#3 kylie.brianne. There may be a theme of the Kylie's. If my friend Kylee had a blog, I'm sure hers would be on this list, too. But, Kylie Brianne is my cute, senior-in-high-school cousin who's a flippin' artist-of-all-trades. Even her whines are artful.
#4 then there's Enlarged to Show Detail. I started following this blog to keep tabs on my old roommate's infant niece's battle with a brain tumor. Now, that infant is a thriving, cancer-free toddler. Truthfully, I don't know her parents all that well. But, her mama, Annie is hilarious and I still love to stalk them and read her unique take on things. Oh, and that Lila girl is A-freaking-dorable.
#5 Another almost-stranger's blog happens to belong to Annie's best friend, Valerie, who seems to be pretty Smart for a Girl. She's a New York-y type with an LDS-liberal-marathon-runner-thespian-candy-craving and FRESH perspective.
#6 The Grovers. I've known Andrea since CTR-6's, (wasn't it Star-6's back then?) and Seth since 8th grade PAWS class. Now they have three offspring. They're nerds and they're funny about it. That's why we love them. That's why we've ALWAYS loved them.
#7 MattandAmanda what's not to love about a super pregnant, tree-hugging, homemade ketchup-making sarcastic cousin? And then throw her bird-watching husband and a toddler named "Silvester" into the mix. Can't top that.
#6
So, now I'm supposed to list 10 random facts about me. Here goes:
I can’t figure out the neighborhood watch signs. My whole life, I’ve had a hard time identifying the dark shape. Is it a rabbit? Is it a duck? Is it a beautiful young woman or an old hag? Those things I recognize! But that neighborhood watch guy … I mean really, He kinda looks like a cross between the Cookie Monster and PacMan. Note: I’ve never actually looked at one of these signs for longer than the 1.7 second glance as I drive past, but still … what is that?
I can’t ingest shower water. Even since I did study abroad in Mexico, Guatemala and Belize, and they warned us of the joys of Monteczuma’s revenge, I’ve taken this precaution. When my face is directly in the stream of water, I make sure to exhale the whole time, so no water can make its way in. Even then, I spit a LOT in the shower to make sure none of it makes its way inside me. I know my Idaho shower isn’t likely to make me sick, but it’s a habit I can’t seem to break.
My brain holds onto things. Most often, it holds onto the song "I've got a Golden Ticket" from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. There’s something annoying about my brain and memorizing. Some stuff just doesn’t leave. Thank you, Mrs. Bateman, my 8th grade English teacher for making us memorize the entire list of prepositions. About, above, across, after, against, along, among, around, at, before, behind, below, beneath, beside, besides, but, by, concerning, despite, down, during, except, for, from, like, near, of, off, on, onto, over, past, since, through, till, to, toward, under, underneath, until, with, within, without.
When I was younger, I was a well-loved babysitter for many families in our ward. I was busy every weekend, and many week nights watching kids. Some of my close friends from those days were the mothers of these kids, and I’m still in touch with many of them. Babysitting was my life growing up, and I loved playing with those kids. That’s all changed. Now, I can’t handle children. They drive me crazy. I’ve gotten old and I don’t want to play with them like I used to. I don’t have the patience for their CONSTANT need for attention! They’re not my kids, why should I have to be involved with their every demand? I really hope this changes when I’m ready for my own family; because I DO want my own family.
I LOVE riding my bike. I’ll go on 20-something-mile bike rides at least once a week when the weather’s good. In middle school and high school, I’d clock 20 miles a day just cruising the neighborhood and am a pro at riding with no hands, carrying things, standing up … all that fun stuff. BUT, I was a slow learner. I’m pretty sure I had training wheels until I was 7. I remember my friend’s 4-year-old brother making fun of me. Austin Hoopes was a little bully.
I’ve got a thing for water. I love rivers, lakes, streams, and climbing on rocks in them. I seriously can’t stay away. I think it’s gotta be some sort of sport to see how far upstream I can get just by going from rock to rock. I’ve fallen in a few times. Some of those rocks are farther apart than they look and kind of slippery. Because of my love for natural bodies of water (it’s more than a coincidence that my name is Brooke, by the way) I’ve lost various electronics to water. Not LOST-lost. Just … drowned. Rivers and lakes have claimed the lives of 3 cameras and two cell phones. I now have a waterproof camera. I need to spray my phone with scotch guard.
I have two rings on my fingers at all times. One of them I got from Playa del Carmen, Mexico on my birthday in 2004. It’s made of Taxco silver (we spent a few days in Taxco, where it was mined and it claimed a small piece of my heart) and dyed opals. The opals are lime green and royal blue. Classy, eh? It’s on my left index finger and has molded to my finger. It only comes off occasional during a volleyball game. The other ring is sterling silver with a horizontal oval attached. Engraved on the oval is some sort of wannabe Quiksilver triangle logo thing. I say it’s a mountain because I love mountains. I bought it at least 4 years ago at a craft/artisan bazaar in Midway, Utah. I bought it for my right pinky finger, but spent two hours while watching Roman Holiday with my cousins squeezing it onto my right ring finger. I haven’t been able to get it off since.
Don't worry. I know that you didn't "nominate" my blog because if you did the other kids would be jealous of THE cutest kids in the world. Don't worry...I get it all the time! ;-)
ReplyDeleteAWESOME, a double nomination! I feel so very honored, my dear. Thank you, thank you! -I'm also pretty sure that I don't have to do it again. Maybe I was supposed to, but I ain't gonna. So there.
ReplyDeleteI made the right choice in nominating you in the first place. Just so you know...