Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas taggety-tag...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping paper, with extra tape and sometimes patches to cover when I didn't cut it big enough. Yeah, I'm CLASSY!



2. Real or artificial tree?

REAL! Are you kidding me?! There's nothing better than chasing your best friend and her brothers up the side of a snowy mountain with saws in tow, and then tackling your friend and face planting on a stick, nearly puncturing your eye ball! Yeah. Oh ... this was all on our way to cut down a Christmas tree. Sorry, got off on a tangent. Fake trees are just that ... fake. I don't like the fake.



3. When do you put up the tree?

I never really do anymore. Mom usually does it while I'm gone. I come home, and there's a fake tree in our living room. What's that about? It's pretty, but I protest! Again, I LOVE real trees! I remember Christmas tree hunting at lots when I was little. Fake tree in a box just takes all the magic away!



4. When do you take the tree down?

Mom will probably do that, too. After her New Year's party. She has about 30 people over every year and she likes to keep the decorations up to be festive for the party!



5. Do you like eggnog?

Occasionally. It usually needs to be thinned down a bit. Egg nog milkshakes ROCK! Lara makes them the best!



6. Favorite gift received as a child?

I remember getting a purple scooter. It's funny, I remember it sitting at my Grandma's house with a bow on it, and being all sorts of excited about it ... but I never remember riding the thing. What's that about?


7. Hardest person to buy for?

Friends little gifts. I never know who I should include in my mass-gifting. If it's a group of friends, they're all going to know what you got for each person, so you can't leave anyone out, and you kinda have to get them all the same thing because you can't play favorites, and who has time to do that kind of individualized shopping anyway?



8. Easiest person to buy for?

Kimball. I always have way too many ideas and I have to limit myself. The girl just likes everything and we have so many funny jokes that I try to personalize and I seriously have way too much fun with it!
Angel Tree gifts are always fun to do, too! Every year, I pick a kid and I get to go crazy! This year, I decided to shop for my friends' kids instead and I've had a blast buying kid stuff for kids I actually know!



9. Do you have a nativity scene?

Somewhere, in a box downstairs I have 2. But I live at my parents' house, so mom gets to decorate with her stuff. My nativity sets, ghetto reindeer and singing Homer Simpson in a Santa suit will have to remain downstairs until next year. Or, if I get my own place, i may have to put them out in March!



10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

MAIL! Email is too: "I'm bored at work, so I thought I'd send this quick, impersonal note without any forethought, and now our correspondance is taken care of, and it's one less thing I have to worry about." Well, ya know what?! It's CHRISTMAS! Ya'll SHOULD worry about it! Share the love! Des and I sent out Christmas cards together for years ... like a married couple ... odd ... but I loved it!



11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Worst? I'm trying to think ... I don't know that anything would be really horrible, but it seems like every year I get mess kits and freeze-dried camp food and pocket knives and emergency blankets from my dad. He says it's for my 72-hour kit. Thrilling. But seriously ... how many mess kits does a girl need to use in 72 hours?



12. Favorite Christmas movie?

A Muppet Christmas Carol. "It's in the singing of a street corner choir ..." I've already watched it 3 times this season, and there's sure to be a 4th! It's just not Christmas until you watch Rizzo fall through a chimney.



13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Usually in November when I get all hyped up. I should start sooner, because i never have money ... but oh well. There's something about crunch time and counting the pennies with each paycheck that just comes along with the Christmas season.



14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

He he! Yep! Ssshh.



15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Mom's carmel brownies--frozen. Grandma's soft gingerbread men. Carmel popcorn. Cinnamon hot chocolate. It's a very sugary holiday!


16. Lights on the tree?

I LOVE the bright colored lights. The ones with ALL the colors!

17. Favorite Christmas song?

SANTA BABY! He he! This was my mom's answer when she was asked in Primary what her favorite Christmas hymn was! MY favorite Christmas hymn is Angels We Have Heard on High with Melissa Cook's added verse that we sang in ward choir a couple years ago. I also LOVE Hark the Herald Angels Sing/Carol of the Bells from the SheDAISY. And then there are classic funny ones like The Hat I Got for Christmas is Too Big ... he he!


18. Travel at Christmas, or stay home?

I've never had a Christmas anywhere but at Grandma and Grandpa's! Only children don't like to stay home! All the cousins come and we have a blast! I especially love it when cousins get fun stuff like Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero from Santa and then we make Uncle Rod try it out!!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?

Is this a test? Am I s'posed to? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph.

20. Angel or star at the top of the tree?

Mom has a grapevine star. Very crafty. Very rustic. Not so glowy. I protest. I like the star idea, but I like the tacky gold tinsel/light-up one that I grew up with!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

Ya get pajamas on Christmas Eve, and the rest comes in the morning!



22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?

Icy roads and snow storms before I get my snow tires on! Also, windy snow when I want to be snowboarding!


23. Favorite ornament theme or color?

I love green. All year 'round. Grandma got new limeish green bulbs on her tree and I LOVE them! My favorite ornaments are the ones I remember when I was little. Mom keeps them in a box somewhere. I have Bianca from the Rescuers that I think I made dad buy me one year from Burger King! Love her!

24. Favorite Christmas dinner?

Aunt Lizette's homemade tamales! with Grandma's homemade chili. Seriously? Best food EVER! and I like to find the hidden green olive!



25. What do you want for Christmas this year?

I asked for a snowboarding hat with built-in headphones. Those things are seriously COOL! and that's be super convenient! I love surprises, but those usually come in the form of mess kits and giant candy canes!



I tag ... Andrea, Lara, Pauline, Lisa John, and Shinae.
OH! AND I TAG DREW!! ;^)

9 comments:

  1. I love that you "stole" this one from me...I could just hear your voice as I read your answers. "I protest!" You sure protest a lot...

    I like you, kid... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I count this one as done? I did one VERY similar to this a couple days ago! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eggnog milkshakes.... mmmmmmm... I need me one of those rught now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a fun Christmas time . . . We love the Muppets Christmas Carol too - have to skip the last ghost if the kids are watching (too scary).

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina--at least I told you I was gonna steal it! How pathetic am I if I steal posts that I'm not even tagged in?! I guess I have a lot to protest about. Sorry to seem so argumentative and overly opinionated. Geez. I love when you can hear a persons' voice as you read! It means that they're expressive in their writing! I enjoy being expressive! I like you, too, kid!
    Shinae--Lazy tagger. The last one you did wasn't MINE, so it doesn't count! (that's the only child speaking) ;^) But seriously. Do it.
    Lara--you're coming here, right? EGG NOG milkshake party!!!! We need to get Shmarah up here!
    Jen-- the last part's not nearly as bad as the stinkin' awful "Love is Gone" song! We always skip that. Actually, we never skip that. We just wish that we had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I don't even know if I know that much about Christmas anymore or at least about my christmas's... I'm too old! and so glad I didn't get tagged too much goin on... love you anyway, stop by sometime when you're at your grandma's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I wanted you to tag me on this one! Oh well I think I'll do a similar post. Your blog is always so fun to read.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tag! It was the best Christmas gift you could give me. (and wrapped so neatly) Thanks for making my Christmas a little brighter Brooke.

    ReplyDelete